Spartan Tuer and Other Advice - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by rmzsuzuki89, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 4495 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Spartan Tuer and Other Advice

First off, I'm planning on getting a spartan tuner, and a 5" down pipe back straight pipe for my 2010 F-250 6.4.

Now I have been reading about some people absolutely loving the Spartan, and then some horror stories about it. I will be using it on the lower hp tunes, whichever one is the safest one to run reliability wise. So in that sense is it a good tuner?

Also with the 5" exhaust, would it be a lot of trouble going with a turbo back system instead of just a down pipe back, or is the gain really not worth it?

And I'm also thinking about going with an S&B cold air intake. I like the idea of hearing the turbo whistle more and better throttle response, but I also read about how it doesn't filter as well as stock. So I don't really know what to think on this one, but if I do decide to do it, it would probably be the first mod since it's the least expensive.

These along with a 6"-8" suspension lift and 37" tires are all the mods that I plan on doing aside from small cosmetic stuff. So if I decided to do all of it, would I be safe in doing so?

And sorry for writing a book haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Or would just going with the DPF/CAT delete pipe that comes in the package along with the tuner be a good idea?

And what are the advantages of doing an EGR delete?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Let it all Ride

You'll save some money just going with the delete pipes. If you're just going to run those mods, changing out the entire exhuast won't net you much difference.

Dominic
'16 Ram 3500 Limited, DRW, 3.73's, Aisin, 4x4
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazydeezy View Post
You'll save some money just going with the delete pipes. If you're just going to run those mods, changing out the entire exhuast won't net you much difference.
Will there be much of a sound difference in the two? And I may end up doing the EGR delete, but I'm not sure on that one yet. But that should be all of the mods that I plan on doing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I found this package and it seems like it had what I'm looking for. http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/index...hk=1&Itemid=54

How does the AFE intake compare to the S&B? also, How would the 4" exhaust compare to a 5" in sound and performance?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Garage
I upgraded my truck last Feburary and love it. Spartan tuned. I have the AFE air box and have no problems with it, think it works great. Went with the 4 inch down pipe back , I like it to, there is no power difference if you go with a 5 inch. The only other mod I have done is I had the charge pipe rebuilt, Ford;s engering marvel has it pinched down next to the radiator. There is suppose to be a sound difference between the 4 inch and the 5 inch don't know anybody with a 5 inch to compare.I would not go delete pipes, go for the full exhaust and get rid of the split tail. BTW, the down pipe has to be cut out if you want to go that way.If you are not going to change turbos or set your rig up for raceing the down pipe is not necessary in my opinion. Biggest debate you are going to get over Spartan is if you like early or late converter lock up. I use the 210 and the 250 as daily drivers, sometimes drope to the 175 to cycly the EGR a little more.

Spartan Tuned
AFE air box
4" stainless exhaust
2 1/2" lift
Tinted windows
Those nice heated leather seats
Sunroof
custom built charge pipe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode