Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Linn, MO
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
DPF Delete Tuner Question
I'm looking to remove the DPF on my '08 F250. I'm sure there are 1000's of threads on this, just curious as to your thoughts on the best tuner in my particular case. I know the tuners are getting harder to come by, so thought it would be smart to start a new thread on it.
Here is my use case:
- I typically drive short trips
- I occasionally tow my fifth wheel, and don't want black smoke
- I have occasional longer trips of 200+ miles
- I want to improve fuel economy, but my main goal is to make the engine "happier"
- I don't care to increase power, just delete the DPF
- I prefer not to delete EGR
- I want as few mechanical changes to my truck as possible
- I plan to buy a spare DPF, gut it, and put it in place of the old one so that it looks stock underneath
- Gauges are great, but not a requirement.
Thoughts on the best tuner for me?
Thanks for the help!