Can I move my Spartan to Another Truck?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Truckmaniac, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 965 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Can I move my Spartan to Another Truck??

I installed the Spartan + DPF delete on my 2008 F250 a month or so ago. I'm now in the process of looking for a slide-in truck camper and have found that I may need to upgrade to an F350 Dually to accomodate the camper that my wife really likes (almost 4,000 #'s).

I left an email a few days ago with Spartan, but haven't heard back, so I thought I would ask the forum members:

Since the Spartan is "VIN sensitive", is it possible to move it to another vehicle? Do I have to send the DashDaq back to Spartan and have them "erase or clear" it? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for everyone help.

Hey Mick1955, where are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Spartan, True Performance

Been at the firing range all day!!!!!

New truck! Must be nice... What kind of camper are you getting???

I have heard that once your current truck is returned to stock that you would can then use it on another vehicle, and that you would only need tunes. But that was not from Spartan so I can't say for sure. They are going to have to answer that question, and when they do we will both know for sure. I was under the impression that you would have to get a new license, but someone else told me that wasn't so. I'll pm Nutty to see what he has to say and as soon as I get an answer I will let you know.

08 F350, King Ranch, Dually, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x4, 4.10, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

08 F350 King Ranch, SRW, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x2, 3.73, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

USAF Retired - Support our Troops

DD Help File
http://spartandieseltech.com/index.p...5-tech-support
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
I'm looking at the Lance 1181 and the Arctic Fox 1140. Do you have an option on either model or brand?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 05:42 AM

Had a Lance a few years ago, but not sure which one I would get. They both make very nice campers. Another one I would have to consider is Host. Guess it would depend on the options and price. Send me a picture when you decide on which one your going to get. We will probably get another one in a few years, but not sure who it will be made by. Here's a link to a lot of the manufactures:

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/

08 F350, King Ranch, Dually, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x4, 4.10, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

08 F350 King Ranch, SRW, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x2, 3.73, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

DD Help File
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 04:38 PM

I see a lot of Arctic Foxes up in the mountains when I'm snowmobiling. They seem to be very nice.

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 01:22 AM

Truckmaniac - I sent you a pm with the info you needed....

DD Help File

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode