Different head gaskets and new heads. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Klutch, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 849 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Different head gaskets and new heads.

Did the studs on my truck yesterday and the mechanic says the gaskets from Ford are different than the ones that were on my truck and my truck is a job 3. We didn't really get into how they were different and I never got there to see them. Mine were showing a lot of wear and new heads were put on as well. They must have been walking around as they had a tiny groove wore in where the sealing rings are. Also, I am deleting the egr coolers completely while cab is off, should be done today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Training Wheels King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
Did the studs on my truck yesterday and the mechanic says the gaskets from Ford are different than the ones that were on my truck and my truck is a job 3. We didn't really get into how they were different and I never got there to see them. Mine were showing a lot of wear and new heads were put on as well. They must have been walking around as they had a tiny groove wore in where the sealing rings are. Also, I am deleting the egr coolers completely while cab is off, should be done today.

Is the truck going to run right with all the sensors in the EGR cooler off? This has been a concern i have been thinking about with this mod. I think there is something pre cooler one. However a welded flush Y pipe there should be a big improvement in flow.

2008 F-350 CC, LB, 4.5" Icon, 37's, Spartan 310 & TCM, 4", Airraid, full built suncoast and converter

SPARTAN TCM FOR SALE... PM for Details

2008 F-350 Crew Cab Dually King Ranch - Back to being the company truck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPSDs View Post
Is the truck going to run right with all the sensors in the EGR cooler off? This has been a concern i have been thinking about with this mod. I think there is something pre cooler one. However a welded flush Y pipe there should be a big improvement in flow.
We can applicably disable all of the EGR system components with tuning so that they can be unplugged and completely remove the system.

The EGBP sensor does need to be relocated elsewhere in the pre-turbo exhaust stream, however, because it is still needed for control of the VGT even without the EGR in place.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Super *********

Garage
If the removal of the EGR requires the relocation of the sensor then isn't the disable process of the tune going to eliminate some readings? If the Cap Off's are used is the sensor after the caps!

BigTruck, Some Mods Blah Blah (Oh Yeah Spartan Tuned! with the 310, TCM and Fully Powestroked from the Turbo back!)

Canadian Club Member # 13
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I'm only removing the coolers and not the exhaust pipe going to them. It is fairly easy to do and the EGBP sensor is in that pipe. The only sensor is the temp sensor in the vertical cooler. I'm going to leave it and live with the code it throws until I get Spartan to program it out.

Cobb's will have their kit out soon enough, I just decided to do my own as the cab was already off.

I don't know if there is much to gain by removing the pipe going to the coolers. Plus this way it is still fairly simple to put back to stock and you don't have bung welded in the uppipes for the EGBP.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Training Wheels King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech View Post
We can applicably disable all of the EGR system components with tuning so that they can be unplugged and completely remove the system.

The EGBP sensor does need to be relocated elsewhere in the pre-turbo exhaust stream, however, because it is still needed for control of the VGT even without the EGR in place.
Sweet... a new pipe with a bung welded at the Y totally eliminated all the egr equipment there would be kickass!

2008 F-350 CC, LB, 4.5" Icon, 37's, Spartan 310 & TCM, 4", Airraid, full built suncoast and converter

SPARTAN TCM FOR SALE... PM for Details

2008 F-350 Crew Cab Dually King Ranch - Back to being the company truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode