The Diesel Garage banner

Dynojet dyno how to pull on it

3K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  dzchey21 
#1 ·
never dynoed an auto truck before, going friday to dyno the f250 with spartan 210 on it against some of my mustang buddies, can someone explain if the dynojet needs to be loaded a certain way or if that is only on the mustang dynos??

also how do you make a pull with the auto, shift through the gears till D and then run up the rpm then WOT??

#2 ·
Im a dyno virgin too. But from what Ive read here and on other forums. The dyno will have to be preloaded otherwise you wont be able to build the boost to get good numbers. I think everyone said to set the preload to about 40%. As for going through the gears. I would recommend flogging on your truck a day or two in advance of the event to tighten up the shift points and tranny. Once you are on the dyno. Bring the truck up to speed until the converter locks up. And then squeeze the throttle as hard as possible without making it down shift until you can mash it. Anything above 80mph and you should be flat on the floor. This might take a couple tries to get the pedal feel right.

Good luck and get some big numbers.:thumbsup

#3 ·
anyway to tell when converter locks up just by feel i guess?,,

all ive ever dynoed has been my mustangs and a few vettes but manuals are a lot easier to get correct! ive got a 600RWHP turbo stang that is fixing to be 1000RWHP :)

just wanna lay down some good numbers with the 210,, already beat up on some of my friends stangs at the track at 14.35 :)

#4 ·
The converter locks when you get into OD. If you use the DD watch the tranny slip channel you'll see it lock. Slip will go from 100ish to almost 0.

#5 ·
cool ill make sure i have it up then, so no reason to shift through gears just stick it in D an wait for lockup on DD and slowly mash it?

#6 ·
As far as I know.

#7 ·
cool thanks for the help

think i will reload the 210 v2 tune again and flog it good the next couple days!

#9 ·
kinda what im thinking too, the mustang dynos you can def load, i think the jets are just loaded by the rollers only

#10 ·
Another good way to test things before going to the dyno is to drive down the highway at normal speed, make note of how fast you are going and mash the pedal to the floor. If you have enough speed, the truck will not downshift. Keep doing this reducing speed each time until the truck starts to downshift and note the speed. You want the lowest wheel speed without a downshift when you mash the pedal for direct drive. On my truck it is around 115 km/h. Take the truck up to 3200 rpm on the dyno, no more.

#13 ·
cool deal, will roll it up till 70 and mash it, will try it tonight on way home ill hook up the dd to read the tranny slip and check it out

thanks guys

#14 ·
I have never dyno ether but if you take it out of OD before you start then you only have three gears.
Bill

#15 ·
need a gear that is 1:1 though so thats the gear you wanna find, im guessing its the 4th gear?

#17 ·
Just leave it drive. The truck will do the rest. If your not in drive the dyno run will be out of wack. You need converter lock up to get the numbers right. Too much converter slip otherwise. That is why dyno tunes are good. They force an early lock up and the truck wont down shift no matter how fast you are with the throttle. Just stays locked up and PULLS!!!

#18 ·
cool, will let you guys know numbers when i get them

as long as this rain goes away after 15 straight days of rain in OK finally seeing the sun this afternoon, got 30% chance tomorrow and 50% chance friday

#20 ·
i dont let the dyno operators pull my vehicles, they would rather i did it anyway b/c they dont want to be liable for it, however these guys havent done many trucks, we are having a mustang dyno day just to get them some business they are more of an import tuner shop and when i mean import not a frigging honda either, supras/lexus/porsche etc

making us a good deal so bunch of guys coming out, they are good with what they do though

buddy of mine made 725rwhp on a 331 with 76mm through a glide three weeks ago!

ive been to too many dyno sessions with my car watching others pull their own and too many nitrous backfires, etc to let the owner pull my car

#21 ·
The truck needs to stay in overdrive and cannot downshift on the run, so do yourself a favour and the dyno guy, and have an idea of the speed in overdrive it needs to be going without downshifting when flooring it. By the way, the load on our runs were around 10%.

#22 ·
The truck needs to stay in overdrive and cannot downshift on the run, so do yourself a favour and the dyno guy, and have an idea of the speed in overdrive it needs to be going without downshifting when flooring it. By the way, the load on our runs were around 10%.
Why only 10% I thought you would want more.... Once my truck is fixed I will be going to a freind of a friends dyno..... I should put the highest number he ever seen on it if I get things right!!

#26 ·
well went to dyno but not with the truck, been trying to work bugs out on the turbo stang, still have some but here is a vid of friday night,, a/f was lean!

#27 ·
...well, what did you pull?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.