The Diesel Garage banner

Went to the track tonight

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Superdutytd 
#1 ·
Well I was finally able to make it to the track to test out the Innovative Race tune. The best I could manage was 13.99 at 91mph with a 1.81 60ft. The worst was 14.23 at 92mph. Temp out was low 60's. I'll try to post the time slips this weekend when I get a chance.

#4 ·
I was boosting up to about 18psi in 4hi. I still have the stock tires and there was still some wheel hop too. I would have tried 2hi but it always spins pretty bad. It would pull hard up to 60 -70 then it feel like it would loose power. I didn't run it with the street tune. The street tune doesn't feel quite as powerful from a dig but it seems to pull past 60-70 unlike the race tune.

#5 ·
gotcha ! I was launching in 4hi also and I noticed that 2000 rpm lauches would give me massive wheel hop. I found the sweet spot with no wheel hop was around 1600rpms the truck rolled out nicely. I also noticed that around 60-70mph my truck feel on its face like there was no throttle left then right before the traps it picked up speed. I feel if the defueling issue was to be corrected and the tranny shifting the extreme street could be a 13.7-13.8 tune with a 1.8 60'

#8 ·
What sucks is that I was running the Extreme Race tune. Mine felt the same except it didn't pick up at all. It didn't wheel hop the 13.99 run. My egts got up to 1400 or a little hotter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.