Im stupid - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 08fordhd, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 1669 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Im stupid

Last night i left my truck unlocked and some sob stole my dasdaq and my sunglasses. I will be sending matt an email tomorrow about a new one. What makes me mad the most is that i had it was in my center cosole out of site and all it is to the person who took it is a piece of junk. This will be the last thing that anyone takes from me from now on that my h&k and glock are protecting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Training Wheels King

They ripped mine out but didn't take it.. I'm real lucky. I got a pager alarm and a .45 protecting mine now also!

2008 F-350 CC, LB, 4.5" Icon, 37's, Spartan 310 & TCM, 4", Airraid, full built suncoast and converter

SPARTAN TCM FOR SALE... PM for Details

2008 F-350 Crew Cab Dually King Ranch - Back to being the company truck
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 AM
TDG Official Poo Flinger

contact your insurance company,...it's covered....

years ago I left my truck unlocked(old S10),...and I lost $8k worth of stereo equipment,...I even told them that I left the door unlocked,...it doesn't matter,..it's still covered.

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

TIRES AND WHEELS- 41" IROK Super Swampers, 20 x 10 AR Mojave Teflon-STEERING UPGRADE- Donahoe Racing Dual Stabilizers -FRONT SUSPENSION- Donahoe Racing 4.5" lift -REAR SUSPENSION- 6" Procomp Springs, Farmboy Fabrications Custom Traction Bars-FRONT AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -REAR AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air Locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -ENGINE UPGRADES -SCT XCAL II w/ Extreme track file- ARP Headstuds - TRUSTED PERFORMANCE Stage II fuel and Oil system - ACCUFAB Intake Elbow - AFE Stage II Intake - MBRP Turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust - MERLIN controls SPEED WIZARD-TRANSMISSION UPGRADES- Southbend 550+ HP Clutch -INTERIOR MODS-Gauge Works Quad A-pillar pod - Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges Pyro, Boost, Tranny - Cobra Inverter Remote Switch - Cobra Limited Edition Harley Davidson CB - Python Custom alarm system, wired into train horns - Hi-Lift Extreme jack w/ off road base -10,000 watt inverter - 15 gallons of air - Porter Cable 115 volt, 2.5hp Air Compressor - Rhino....Bed liner - EXTERIOR MODS- Harley Heads & Smoked tails- Crown SS braided Brake Lines -Custom Fabricated Front Bumper/ Brushguard w/ Custom Herculiner - (2) 8" Procomp Spotlights -(2) 5" Procomp Spotlights - (2) 5"Procomp Fluted lights - (2) 12 ton Recovery Shackles - Custom Fabricated Safari Rack w/ Custom Herculiner - (8 ) 3" x 5" Procomp Fluted lights - Grover...Triple Train Horns - Wilson 4' Fiberglass CB antenna - Stealth Bulbs Chrome signal bulbs - Dominator...Cowl Hood - Custom Herculined Rocker panels - AMP Research Powersteps - Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares - Ventshades - LEER Bed cap - Recon Line of Fire, rear light bar,...and a couple other things
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 AM

leaving the door unlocked just reduces the total loss <no damage>....the
door locks & handles on any of these trucks (ford / dodge or gm) can popped
w/ next to no tools and even less effort !

install an alarm, jimmijammers at least itll make SOME noise when they
pop you again.

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 AM
Spartan, True Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08fordhd View Post
Last night i left my truck unlocked and some sob stole my dasdaq and my sunglasses. I will be sending matt an email tomorrow about a new one. What makes me mad the most is that i had it was in my center cosole out of site and all it is to the person who took it is a piece of junk. This will be the last thing that anyone takes from me from now on that my h&k and glock are protecting.
Contact DrewTech ASAP. Give them your name and serial number and tell them that it was stolen. It should be on the email that you sent to Spartan to get your tunes. DrewTech is great to work with on stolen units. If someone tries to get another cable, they usually get the serial number of the unit it is going on. Also, like you said, contact Spartan.

This came from the Spartan site back on 11-19-08:

Sorry to hear about your DashDaq being stolen. Your not the first! Gerry and a few others have had the same thing happen to them. Be sure to contact DrewTech. Provide them with the serial number of your unit so they can add it to their database of stolen units. That way if someone tries to purchase a license for add-on software, or a cable then hopefully they can get the information back to you.

This is some information I received from DrewTech back in June, when I asked if they could do something about helping to get them recovered:

It totally s!#%s that they are getting stolen.

When we hear a report of a stolen unit we make a note of it in
our serial number database.

We have a plan for dealing with stolen units.

We will see how effective it is.

We want to help in any way we can to recover stolen units.

Mike Drew
--
DrewTech Support
[email protected]

08 F350, King Ranch, Dually, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x4, 4.10, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

08 F350 King Ranch, SRW, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x2, 3.73, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

USAF Retired - Support our Troops

DD Help File
http://spartandieseltech.com/index.p...5-tech-support
The Following User Says Thank You to mick1955 For this addition to TDG:
stutzismydog (05-25-2009)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 PM

I’m sorry to hear about this and it sucks people will do it. and it’s true I'm on my 2nd DashDaq as my first one lasted 8 days and was stolen from my center console. Do as Mick said and hope for the best.

I thought about adding a set of jimmijammers but I thought twice about it because I think it could do more damage then its worth. If they try going in via the lock and they can’t get it to work they’re going to destroy the door while trying and in the end they’ll simply break a window and get in. Installing an alarm is an option and might scare them off but they can still do a smash and grab with some of your stuff.

For me I decided to install a console vault inside the console and bolts to the seat brackets. It’s out of site inside the console and if they do get inside the truck they won’t get inside the vault and they can’t remove it without removing the seats. It’s not badly priced and you can pick a keyed lock or a combination lock. I went with the combo lock for easy use.

Gerry
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Diesel Kid

That really sucks. I plan on getting jimmy jammers and an alarm system with a pager.

Colton

2008 F-250 PSD 4X4 XLT
Spartan-MBRP-Elite-AFE-KEM

542hp 1060trq 9/18/10
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have contacted drewtech. I also have thought about a vault but i live Baytown, Texas and it gets pretty hot in the truck so i will proably leave it at the house from now on.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
For me I decided to install a console vault inside the console and bolts to the seat brackets. Itís out of site inside the console and if they do get inside the truck they wonít get inside the vault and they canít remove it without removing the seats. Itís not badly priced and you can pick a keyed lock or a combination lock. I went with the combo lock for easy use.

Gerry
when they STEAL your truck theyll have all the time in the world to remove the seats or beat the **** outta the truck til they GET the VAULT

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 AM
R.I.P. DAD

I doubt they know what the stole, idiots probly think its a gps.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

2008 F-250 FX4

NMCB-28, KICKIN BUTT SINCE 1942

American club member #40
FOSP Club # 1
My sense of humor is an acquired taste, if you dont like it....... ACQUIRE some taste.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode