Banks products - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Northern Miner, this thread has received 43 replies and been viewed 4346 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Banks products

Does anyone use any of the Banks products? Looking at the ram air, banks six gun with pda and the monster exhaust, what are your thoughts.

cheers, Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I like Pretty Girls!

I don't think you find any Banks guys here YET...

I haven't heard of anyone with the banks programer and I wouldn't be the first to try it either, the others (SCT, Spartan) have been out for over a year now so there is a lot less bugs in them

2008 F-350 Lariat
6" Lift Riding on 37x13.5 Toyos

Canadian Club Member #12
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Dont do it!!!

Like Hollywood said, look at Vendors from the site, ie; Spartan, Innovative, etc...
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Diesel Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Miner View Post
Does anyone use any of the Banks products? Looking at the ram air, banks six gun with pda and the monster exhaust, what are your thoughts.

cheers, Scott
You can go with the intake and dpf back exhaust BUT Your not going to see a whole lot of mileage or performance gains unless you take off the DPF/DOC. And that requires a certain tuner like SCT or Spartan. And if you were to go with the 6 gun you would clog up your DPF much faster then you would stock which would lead to you having to replace the dpf. And if your dealer doesn't cover that cause they know your running a tuner then the new DPF comes out of your wallet. Most dealers wont know if you were running a spartan, but they could possibly see that a banks programmer was present. And Spartan/SCT have much better transmission tuning than the Banks, which is a huge bonus.

Colton

2008 F-250 PSD 4X4 XLT
Spartan-MBRP-Elite-AFE-KEM

542hp 1060trq 9/18/10
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 PM

I have Banks stuff in my pu. Big Hoss, 6 Gun, Intercooler, and exhaust. I have nothing bad to say about them and have not had any problems with them. Everything Banks said these mods would do they have. The biggest downfall to them is they can be a bit pricey, but I believe if you have the money buy quality, IMO. Of course my opinion is up against a bunch of kids who feel if you are not hammering on your motor to the greatest extent possible, blowing black fuel out of your tail pipe all day like you are at a pull, then you are wasting your money on anything else. So do your research yourself. Call around, be educated. Find out which combo out there will work for YOU the best, not what everyone else says will work for you.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I like Pretty Girls!

In the older Ford they have been good soo I hear, but in the 6.4 nothing good has come of them yet.... I say yet because I am sure they will have something one day but when you can get something that has been out for our trucks for over a year that seems like the better way to go.

2008 F-350 Lariat

Canadian Club Member #12
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08Duty View Post
You can go with the intake and dpf back exhaust BUT Your not going to see a whole lot of mileage or performance gains unless you take off the DPF/DOC. And that requires a certain tuner like SCT or Spartan. And if you were to go with the 6 gun you would clog up your DPF much faster then you would stock which would lead to you having to replace the dpf. And if your dealer doesn't cover that cause they know your running a tuner then the new DPF comes out of your wallet. Most dealers wont know if you were running a spartan, but they could possibly see that a banks programmer was present. And Spartan/SCT have much better transmission tuning than the Banks, which is a huge bonus.
Question here? How in the hell do you know it clogs up your filter? Not sticking up for banks but they have done a ton of research on the soot and dpf with there 6 gun tunner. May not be as powerful as spartan/sct but others from another site says it's pretty good power wise. Not everyone wants to take off their dpf or can. Banks tunner is a lot more compatible with the dpf. Just my .02 Sorry, just get a little fed up when people talk bad about another product without even having it. That's like people say stay away from the 6.4 and they don't even have one.

08 F-350 CC 6.4 4X4.
10 Fuzion TE II Toy Hauler
07 Can-Am 800xt outlander
08 Can-Am 500 Renegade
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselOnly For this addition to TDG:
GhettoMedic (05-22-2009)
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
I like Pretty Girls!

Somone posted it, maybe not the news but it was a article somewhere, I will look to see if i can find the article.

Just so you know Spartan does have DPF on tunes, and there hasn't been any issues with them (as fas as I know). Not trying to deture you or sell for Spartan but their product for the 6.4 has been proven. SCT may have something also but I'm not sure.

2008 F-350 Lariat

Canadian Club Member #12
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOnly View Post
Question here? How in the hell do you know it clogs up your filter? Not sticking up for banks but they have done a ton of research on the soot and dpf with there 6 gun tunner. May not be as powerful as spartan/sct but others from another site says it's pretty good power wise. Not everyone wants to take off their dpf or can. Banks tunner is a lot more compatible with the dpf. Just my .02 Sorry, just get a little fed up when people talk bad about another product without even having it. That's like people say stay away from the 6.4 and they don't even have one.
B/C banks pulled them off the shelves shortly after the initial release for some "unknown reason"...gotta have fuel for more power

Paul Alewine
2008 F-250 King Ranch AFE Stage II MBRP Duals and Spartan 310 Tuned
2" BDS Lift on 35" Toyo M/T's

Singles Club #74
American Club #13
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Diesel Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOnly View Post
Its going to produce more smoke, and all programmers add fuel. Unburned fuel=Smoke=Early DPF Clog. Banks is full of crap, they think their products are the best in the world when they are far from it. And yes i have had banks products and its nothing special. If and WHEN the banks tuner clogs the DPF your gonna have to pay big bucks for a new one. IMO delete the DPF or dont tune. simple is that. If you dont agree then i could honestly care less.

Colton

2008 F-250 PSD 4X4 XLT
Spartan-MBRP-Elite-AFE-KEM

542hp 1060trq 9/18/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode