So my father-in-law has an 08 F-250 6.4l. He has put on a MBRP
exhaust with a DPF delete. He still has the cat. He also has tuned this with the SCT livewire. Yesterday he had an issue where he had no power
. So he put the stock tune back in and had just enough power to get it to the dealer about 2 miles away. The thing was also blowing black smoke like crazy
. So he got it to the dealer and removed the SCT.
The dealer told him that the EGR valve blew and took out some intake gaskets when it happened. He also said that this happened because of the SCT. Then said that it would happen again if the DPF was not put back in. Also The dealer said that the warranty would not cover this due to the modifications (so that is not really the issue as my father-in-law new that could be an issue) so the bill is $1100 for parts and labor.
So my questions are:
1. Has anyone had this issue tuned are not?
2. Is this a result of the tuner installed dpf removed?
3. The price seems high is it?
4. Is there an EGR delete for the 6.4l?
5. Who sells them/how much and how hard is it to put in and take out?
6. SCT told him that Ford has had a problem with the EGR valves and that there is a recall, is there one? If so what is the recall number so we can bring that to Ford.
06 F-350 4x4 CC LB Tow Boss Lariat 6.0l auto. Banks PowerPDA, Banks SpeedBrake, FICM Atlas 40 Tune, ARP Studs, PowerMax GT3788VA turbo, Homemade coolant filter, EGR valve delete spool, Monster Exhaust, K&N Cold air intake,Mishimoto Radiator,Husky mudflaps, Line-X bed liner, Recon lights, TUNED BY Innovative
72 F-250 Gasser.FOR SALE