The Diesel Garage banner

First time at the track last night...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  dzchey21 
#1 ·
So I headed out to the track last night to see what the truck would run (08 F350, spartan275 v3/v2, DPF delete, AFE)

First run, great launch but then the truck lost all power at about the 330 mark. Tried to get it going again and it wouldn't get going again until I slowed down at the end of the track. I was using 275 V3/4x4/Tow Haul off

2nd run, loaded 275v2, turned Tow Haul on and ran a 13.9
3rd run, 13.7 with lots of front wheel hop
4th run, 13.6, but I had the mirriors out:bang

Is this the times I should be seeing?

Is Tow Haul slowing me down at the end of the track by not letting me lock the converter in O/D?

And, what happened the first run? Tranny go into limp mode?

Thanks

#8 ·
Yeah good times i would say.

When you post track times 60' foot times will tell us alot and things like tires,tire pressures, altitude things like that help alot, but it sounds like you got the hang of it, and i think there is a 13.5 13.4 left in your truck with a good good launch

What were your 60' times anywho?

#9 ·
1.9s, with a bit of front end wheel hop. Im sure if I could clear that up and had my mirrors in I would of seen a 13.5.

I guess when I think about it the stuff that I have on the truck could add a cpl lbs. The liner and cover must be around 150-200lbs, knock that off and thats around 2/100ths...

You guys think tow haul mode would of slowed it down a bit? Also V2 is stonger than V3 right?

#11 ·
Yeah you should be down quite a bit on the 60'. I consider my 60' kinda slow at 1.82 on 37's i would like to see 1.78's on these tires. The front end hope is probably because the tires are at full pressure, i think if you air down, that will solve most of your issues and you should be easily low 1.8's or high 1.7's 60' just takes some seat time is all but for your first time i think you did good.

Anything you can do to save wieght will help i dont care what people say i take my tailgate off, remove my drop hitch and spare tire when i go, maybe it does, maybe it doesnt but i get rid of it anyway

#12 ·
Rookie at the Track

Had my inaugural run at the strip on Friday night. 4 door short bed, stock Goodyear tires, Spartan/DPF delete, S&B, 275 tune.

First run was the best all night, a 13.4 then a 13.55 and finally a 14 due to way too much boost which caused her to hop.

1.802 on the 60' for the 13.4 1/4

We ran extra cetane and 80 lbs in the tires. We decided to try the higher pressure for the top end speed. She still hooked up well, guess with four wheel drive and all it's no biggie. Hardly any boost on that run as well.

Beat all match ups and posted better times than the 3 cummins and the one 6.0 that showed up. Embarrassing the Mustang GT was fun too.

#14 ·
I dont know if you guys realize but sub 1.9 60' times are retarded with a 8000 pound plus truck. My Mustang with around 400 horse and 4:10's did 1.6's on a full slick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.