green filter and batteries - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BiGrIg350, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 851 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

green filter and batteries

Hey everyone just was curious got a green drop in filter was planning on putting it on for my road trip back home. Trucks bone stock so thought it would be fun to compare, haven't unpacked it but before I drop it in is it as easy as doing so or do I have to oil or prep it like anything like that. 2 how oftern should I clean it ? 3 I'm a lucky idiot and left my nav and phone chargin in the truck over night, it started and everything and I know these trucks have to batteries in em but its winter time up here in canada and the trucks got 75000 km so like 46000 miles and I'm curious about battery life and when everyones having to replace them, I don't run extre auxileries or a plow so on average when do we consider new batteries so we can avoid starting issues? Thanks for any feed back guys I always like checkin in with the tdg. Oh and ill post any results if I get anything good on the road trip back.

08 F 350 cc sb Fx4 Job 3
CANADIAN CLUB MEMBER #33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGrIg350 View Post
Hey everyone just was curious got a green drop in filter was planning on putting it on for my road trip back home. Trucks bone stock so thought it would be fun to compare, haven't unpacked it but before I drop it in is it as easy as doing so or do I have to oil or prep it like anything like that. 2 how oftern should I clean it ? 3 I'm a lucky idiot and left my nav and phone chargin in the truck over night, it started and everything and I know these trucks have to batteries in em but its winter time up here in canada and the trucks got 75000 km so like 46000 miles and I'm curious about battery life and when everyones having to replace them, I don't run extre auxileries or a plow so on average when do we consider new batteries so we can avoid starting issues? Thanks for any feed back guys I always like checkin in with the tdg. Oh and ill post any results if I get anything good on the road trip back.

08 F 350 cc sb Fx4 Job 3
CANADIAN CLUB MEMBER #33
Battery life you can expect 5yrs, your right our trucks have 2 of them, when you replace them always replace them in pairs & don't cheap out on them no canadian tire stuff .
As far as the filter have not used the green drop in, just read the instructions about pre oiling the filter & don't over due it if it requires pre oiling, we run AFE coil air intake love it!
as far as cleaning it every 6 month or so if it starts to get plugged up the filer minder will tell you so.

Chris

2008 F-450 King Ranch Job 1 310/275/250/210 Spartain TCM, AFE cold air intake system, CAC pipe, Spearco Intercooler, Custom 5" sewer pipe into 4" dual tails, Mag-tech Deep sump trans oil pan, DDM Hid Kit.
2010 Montana Fith Wheel 36.5

Web Albumhttp://picasaweb.google.com/happycamper64

To do list
3stage water meth, SunCoast built trans & converter, Gear vendors over drive & Carbon one piece shaft, 22.5 Big Rig Wheels
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM

Oil filter

The Green filter comes pre oiled I've had mine in for 6 months and still looks perfect.
The batteries on my 05 lasted exactly 5 years then replaced with kragen gold series, those were a great upgrade from stock

SOLD-2005 F250 Elite and Spartan tunes, EGR block, ARP studs, 4" Magnaflow no Cat
2008 F250 DPF delete and Spartan
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM

I have been running the drop-in Green filter since day one with the 310 tune. Love it.

05/2009 F350 2WD CC DUALLY EBONY (Inside/Out) dropped 3/5 on 305/45-22 - dubbed "Cat Woman"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode