ford speedometer recalibrate - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 08twinturbo, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 3063 times.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
08twinturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Points: 19,110
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ford speedometer recalibrate

Hey, my local Ford dealer says he can reprogram my 08 f250 for my new tire size. He says it will remain correct even after I load the Spartan tunes back on truck. Is there anyone else who has had theirs done and can verify that it will work after being tuned.
08twinturbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Junior Member
 
gman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 7
Points: 1,304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08twinturbo View Post
Hey, my local Ford dealer says he can reprogram my 08 f250 for my new tire size. He says it will remain correct even after I load the Spartan tunes back on truck. Is there anyone else who has had theirs done and can verify that it will work after being tuned.
My truck was reprogramed for larger tires & it reads exact with my GPS but it is still stock for now. Hopefully that will change in the future.
gman1 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I like Pretty Girls!
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,332
Points: 34,564
Thanks: 124
Thanked 63 Times in 55 Posts
what size of tire?? Ford told me they can only re calibrate up to a 35" tire +/-...

2008 F-350 Lariat
6" Lift Riding on 37x13.5 Toyos

Canadian Club Member #12
Hollywood is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
Threadstarter
 
08twinturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Points: 19,110
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey, my other truck with stock wheels and tires is 1 MPH fast compared to GPS. Is anyone else's speed off stock?
08twinturbo is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Junior Member
 
gman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 7
Points: 1,304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
what size of tire?? Ford told me they can only re calibrate up to a 35" tire +/-...
35x12.50
gman1 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
Threadstarter
 
08twinturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Points: 19,110
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
recalibration

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I had my 08 spedometer reprogrammed today and it works perfectly with the Spartan tune loaded. It is dead on the money GPS. I went from a stock 17" to a stock 20" wheel and tire. You are correct about the list of tires to choose from. However, you only change your tire size in one section on the ford ids and the rest is corrected automatically. This literally took about 5 Minutes to do in the parking lot. Wish I had known 6000 miles ago. Very simple adjustment!
08twinturbo is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Junior Member
 
gman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 7
Points: 1,304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08twinturbo View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I had my 08 spedometer reprogrammed today and it works perfectly with the Spartan tune loaded. It is dead on the money GPS. I went from a stock 17" to a stock 20" wheel and tire. You are correct about the list of tires to choose from. However, you only change your tire size in one section on the ford ids and the rest is corrected automatically. This literally took about 5 Minutes to do in the parking lot. Wish I had known 6000 miles ago. Very simple adjustment!
Did your dealer do this? How much did they charge you?
gman1 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Member
Threadstarter
 
08twinturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 52
Points: 19,110
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey, yes my local dealer did this. They didn't charge one dime. It was a 5 minute deal and I am very happy now that it is right.
08twinturbo is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Junior Member
 
gman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 7
Points: 1,304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08twinturbo View Post
Hey, yes my local dealer did this. They didn't charge one dime. It was a 5 minute deal and I am very happy now that it is right.
My dealer charged me $90 thats why I was asking. Glad your happy with it!
gman1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I recalibrate the speedometer on my OBS F350? Lonesome7.3 1994-2003 7.3L Power Stroke 2 04-27-2009 07:30 AM
speedometer not working ihookem Duramax 2004.5-2005(LLY) 9 12-04-2007 09:55 PM
Help with tach and speedometer terrillf150 2003-2007 6.0L Power Stroke 3 11-22-2007 06:50 AM
speedometer problems calebgriffin31 1994-2003 7.3L Power Stroke 10 05-17-2007 12:08 AM
Recalibrate rocweiller 2003-2007 6.0L Power Stroke 17 02-26-2007 08:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome