Upgrade Wish list - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by seanjackmc, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 714 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Upgrade Wish list

So just wondering, Ive got the spartan full delete and tuner setup with the afe intake like many of you do. What do you guys have on your wish list for the next upgrade? I keep reading about headstuds and egr deletes and blow off valves.
What do you guys list as top priorities. I dont have a ton of spare cash but I want to keep improving my truck. I dont know much about how all this stuff works so Im looking for help. After the spartan tunes what is the next best mod?
By the way I looking to make my truck more powerful but most importantly keep it running for a long time safely.

Thanks for the input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjackmc View Post
So just wondering, Ive got the spartan full delete and tuner setup with the afe intake like many of you do. What do you guys have on your wish list for the next upgrade? I keep reading about headstuds and egr deletes and blow off valves.
What do you guys list as top priorities. I dont have a ton of spare cash but I want to keep improving my truck. I dont know much about how all this stuff works so Im looking for help. After the spartan tunes what is the next best mod?
By the way I looking to make my truck more powerful but most importantly keep it running for a long time safely.

Thanks for the input
Even before the Spartan with 310 tune I would suggest headstuds, EGR Delete with wastegate, and a torque converter if you want to maintain reliability.

SCT LIVEWIRE 9625OR, SPARTAN TUNERS, AND DPF DELETE KITS IN STOCK! SAME DAY SHIPPING!
*WE WILL BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE, GIVE US A CALL*
Toll-Free Sales # 1-866-757-6537 or (919) 636-1518

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Rudys-Pe..._sopZ15QQ_scZ1

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks for the info. If you had to pick one item from your list above to do first which would it be. I assume the cab would have to come off the truck to do those mods so maybe its better to wait and do them all at the sametime. Any idea on labor costs to do those upgrades?
STM
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Studs are a good idea but one that can wait in my opinion. If you are going to go to the trouble and the expense to change these items wait until you have a problem. The other approach is to change these items before you have trouble to maintain reliability as Rudy stated above. If you are hammering on it all the time the easiest fix is the torque converter but again if you are going this far go with a suncoast rebuild kit and save yourself some headaches down the road. Lots of options just go with each idea with forward thinking.

2008 Job 1 F250 CC 4X4 SB Stock
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjackmc View Post
thanks for the info. If you had to pick one item from your list above to do first which would it be. I assume the cab would have to come off the truck to do those mods so maybe its better to wait and do them all at the sametime. Any idea on labor costs to do those upgrades?
STM
You can do headstuds one at a time if you have not already done damage to your headgasket. If so, then you should do both EGR Delete kit with wastegate and headstuds/gaskets at the same time because your cab will be raised and it will be easy to do both while your in there. Where are you located?

SCT LIVEWIRE 9625OR, SPARTAN TUNERS, AND DPF DELETE KITS IN STOCK! SAME DAY SHIPPING!
*WE WILL BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE, GIVE US A CALL*
Toll-Free Sales # 1-866-757-6537 or (919) 636-1518

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Rudys-Pe..._sopZ15QQ_scZ1

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks again for the help. I think I might wait til something breaks or I have enough cash to do it all. Im located in Mi near ann arbor. Ive not found any good shops around here to do the work. What would you expect labor costs to be on the complete set up described above to be?
Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode