head gaskets - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Strokin all the time17, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 1206 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
head gaskets

im just a younging and have a passion for diesel owned two sar far i got an 08 6.4 volant intake sct preprogrammed tunes 4inch dpf/cat delete run it with the 120hp added at all times when my truck is cold and its below freezing truck will blow white smoke like just dumps it out once in awhile it will smoke white if the motor is warm but its in the teens my heater cuts out once in awhile and i have put antifreeze in it a couple times in the past few weeks driverside frame is soaked with it cant tell if the blocksides are i havent crawled under yet. I am wondering if this is my headgaskets going or gone and was thinking about calling my local dealer and putting it back to stock for them too look at. if the gaskets are bad would they put in studs if a gave them a line of bull saying i just want the truck not to blow the gaskets anymore(stock) lol any ideas or replys on what to do would be greatly appreciated thank you

08 F-250 xl crew cab short bed 6speed lots of goodies and way less electrical problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:40 AM
I Eat Rice

chances are that a cooler or the HG are bad. For that amount of coolant loss. I would lean towards the HG myself. Put the truck to stock and get a coolant system pressure test. If that doesn't confirm a leak. Have them hook up a pressure gauge and go for a drive. The biggest thing is that It might not do it stock. But running the 120 with puking. I am willing to bet it will.

As for the studs... It all depends on the dealer. Talk with the tech about it. Most will do it with out any worries. Just drop off the studs when they are ready to put the heads back on. Worked for me. But make sure they read the instructions and follow them when putting the studs in.

Lets just say not quite stock.
Slower than some. Faster than most.
Canadian Club Member #10.
Ridin High Club Member #24
Singles Club Member #469

"There is no try. Only do... That is why you fail" Yoda. The wisest green piece of rubber ever created.

2008 King Ranch/Harley mix. Spartan tuned. Elite studs, Cobbs EGR delete plates. FabTech 6" 4 link with dual 2.25" remote shocks. 18" 778 Monsters 35-12.5-18 Toyo MT's DDM 35w HID's 6000K hi/lo and fogs.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
ok thanks im calling dealer today

08 F-250 xl crew cab short bed 6speed lots of goodies and way less electrical problems
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
got my truck back the other day i had a cracked radiator and a bad power steering pump so i didnt bother with asking about studs because they didnt have to take the heads off cuz nothing was wrong there. I left my intake and dpf/cat delete on with it still programmed and ford covered the radiator and pump so that was cool but just letting you know nothing was wrong with the gaskets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode