EGR Delete Comparison Thread - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by LovinPSDs, this thread has received 33 replies and been viewed 10413 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels King

EGR Delete Comparison Thread

I thought maybe this would be helpful as many, including myself are planning an EGR delete of some sort. So I want as much info about each as anyone has!

Heres what I know is out there.
1. Elite
2. Dirty Diesel
3. RCD
4. Block of Plates

Soo pros and cons of each? I'm giving what I know, or think I know.. Please feel free to correct me!

1. Elites - Pros - full delete, including Wastegate. I beleive it replaces the factory intake elbow, Does it reroute or plug the coolant lines? Cons - Price (1200ish I believe) and wastegate only pulls from one up pipe.

2. Dirty Diesel - Pros -Replaces the factory intake elbow, removes both coolers and plugs the coolant ports. Runs roughly in the 330-340 range I believe. Cons - Eventually would need to get their wastegate and BOV set up... Which I intend to do, just pricey...

3. RCD - I know nothing about this set up but have been told it runs 199. If this replaces the factory elbow, removes coolers and does something with the coolant sounds like a great option. They always seem to make a great product too...Any info

4. Block off Plates - Pros - Very cheap (20ish bucks) Cons - Coolers stay in the truck and coolant still flows in them.

anyone shine as much light as they can on all this, vendors I'm open to prices. Thanks everyone

2008 F-350 CC, LB, 4.5" Icon, 37's, Spartan 310 & TCM, 4", Airraid, full built suncoast and converter

SPARTAN TCM FOR SALE... PM for Details

2008 F-350 Crew Cab Dually King Ranch - Back to being the company truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 AM

good thread. look forwards to hearing from someone who has been doing there reading.

2008 F250 CC SB - It all wont fit in the sig so why bother?

Singles Club #222
December 2008 TOTM
Riding High Club #2
2008 Truck of the Year
Ridin' Dirty Club #2

Big Thanks to:
Smokin' Guns Peformance and Accessories - Smokingunsperf.com
Throttle Junkie Performance Parts - tjpparts.com
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Texas Member

what the heck happened
noone wants to chime in??

Vendors? this would be a great spot to show off what you got

2008 F-250 Lariat CC/SB
NUTTY PROFESSOR KEM345, MBRP Duals (no dpf, cat,or muffler),
S&B Intake, RCD CAC, NXD 2 stage system, Bilstein 5100's, Pro-Comp trac bars, Banks intercooler, ARP studs, Suncoast tranny
ELITE: TOW Compound Turbos, EGR Delete, BOV, Wastegate, Nozzles, Ported Fuel Rails, ..

B.O.M.B Squad #29

www.kemperformance.com
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 AM

like you said elite's removes the coolers, adds a wastegate which can control the back pressure. Dirty Diesel setup is plates and in take elbow and does remove the coolers but the current setup avaliable doesn't have a wastegate, it is in the works but development is time consuming as we know. The RCD one I haven't seen yet. Blocker plates are what dirty diesel, and from what I hear RCD offer.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels King
Threadstarter

So what does Elite do? I would imagine it's some sorta plate and then reroute or plugging of the coolant.

I know what I do want is to totally remove the coolers and replace the factory intake elbow with something nice and smooth ... Is it an issue to just plug the coolers VS. add lines and reroute it?

2008 F-350 CC, LB, 4.5" Icon, 37's, Spartan 310 & TCM, 4", Airraid, full built suncoast and converter

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:37 PM

elites kit removes the coolers from the truck. Plugs the passage ways that the coolant flows through and uses a waste-gate to control the back pressure in the system so it doesn't get to high, our trucks can get over 80psi on the big tunes.
As far as blocking the coolant lines off on your truck without removing the coolers is not my recommendation. Elite told me you can do it but it will create a lot of heat inside the coolers and also a lot of heat at the intake elbow where the egr valve is. The kit that Elite sells gets rid of the entire EGR assembly in your truck, right from the oxidation catalyst, that's behind the turbos all the way to the intake elbow and they do offer a CFM intake elbow to have a smoother flowing elbow. To use elites kit you will need at least the 275 spartan tune or the 310 but any other tunes from them need custom tuning. There's other tuners that work too. hope this helps. Maybe some other people can shed some more light on this for you too.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
I like Pretty Girls!

I am curious also on these, how much time would it take to install re install these options as I am pretty sure one of my coolers are toast

2008 F-350 Lariat
6" Lift Riding on 37x13.5 Toyos

Canadian Club Member #12
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Pretty much have to pull the cab off the truck to do a EGR delete kit. It can be done cab on thou it's just a big pain. Blocker plates can be done cab on thou.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels King
Threadstarter

What i'm saying is Dirty Diesel for sure and maybe RCD's delete the Coolers as well but dirty diesel plug the coolant lines where ever they are coming from. i don't have a schematic infront of me. Elites actually pulls lines from where the coolant is coming from and puts it where it was headed? AKA line from PRE cooler to where it goes POST cooler even tho there is no cooler. If it's plugged is that a problem?

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I Eat Rice

Dirty's Deletes everything. Very impressive kit. I think the best on the market right now for custom set up and system control. I however wont be installing it now. My truck has been down now for 3 weeks and Im not comfortable with my dealer installing it. So Rob will have to do it in the summer or fall.

Pisses me off that I had Rob jump through hoops to get it to me for my cab off. But I just dont need the head ache that InMotionJosh went through because the dealer tech didnt know exactly whats going on.

Lets just say not quite stock.
Slower than some. Faster than most.
Canadian Club Member #10.
Ridin High Club Member #24
Singles Club Member #469

"There is no try. Only do... That is why you fail" Yoda. The wisest green piece of rubber ever created.

2008 King Ranch/Harley mix. Spartan tuned. Elite studs, Cobbs EGR delete plates. FabTech 6" 4 link with dual 2.25" remote shocks. 18" 778 Monsters 35-12.5-18 Toyo MT's DDM 35w HID's 6000K hi/lo and fogs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode