The Diesel Garage banner

Need Help With 6.4 Performance & Smoke

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
I just got a 6.4 Turbo Diesel F250 King Ranch
Its got a 6" Lift with 22" Wheels and 35s
Im look for some easy performance and blow some smoke without killing the warrt.
Will the Edge Evolution help me with this?
and give me some suggestions on other things

#2 ·
Edge is garbage. Read more on this site and you'll see what's good and bad instead of just posting questions that have been answered 7000 times. Thanks.

#5 ·
Coming off a little strong dont ya think?:bubba Guy ask a simple question looks like he is new to me. So next time use some manners like your momma taught ya or should have

#8 ·
all the spartan tuners cost $1200
anybody got any feedback on the edge products for the 6.4s?
and also what abouit a 4" proflo exhaust from the turndown back?
and just anything for gas milage and proformance with spending as least as possible

#9 ·
There is only one Spartan tuner and it costs $1249.00. As for the Edge tuner, the one to go with is the Edge Race Evolution. Your not going to get a whole lot of smoke with it simply because the highest horsepower setting is like 140 horsepower. They aren't going to be as good for your tranny either. Just curious why you are hung up on Edge? Its not that great of a tuner for the 6.4

FLO-PRO makes 4" and 5" downpipe back exhaust. AFE makes 4" downpipe back exhausts, and its much better quality than Flo-Pro in my opinion. Powerstroker67 on here makes his own delete pipes that are top notch quality as well. You can find those on www.dpfdeletekits.com. They allow you to use either the stock DPF back exhaust or go to a nice DPF back exhaust like something MBRP makes.

#10 ·
ah well my cousin ran a edge box on his 99 F250 and it worked well on it
but i beleive ill have to go a little more with my 6.4
will i see any smoke with a 4" exaust with the Cat/dpf delete?

#11 ·
Also check out H@S Performance. They have came along ways wit the tuning for the 6.4

#13 ·
Dont be so biased H@S is well know for cummins and now duramax, and powerstrokes. I know of a couple that are problem free. For $600 to $1299 you get a good tuner you can tune on the fly changing all sorts of stuff pretty cool imo. Kinda like how EFI live is coming to Cummins soon you will see it wit Ford also there are so many companies out there that do diff things wit these motors not just one is the best imo again.

http://www.hsperformance.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=88&parent=20

http://www.hsperformance.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=98&parent=20

http://www.hsperformance.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=21&parent=20

I can also say they have some of the best CUSTOMER SERVICE.

#19 ·
Ive been checking out the SCT Turner and a Flo-Pro 4" Exaust from Downpipe back with a AFE Stage II Intake
What can i exspect with the exaust and intake?
power gain and any smoke?

#21 ·
The sct is good to start, but if you want more rcd has some good tunes out that work with the livewire. I have the 585 and the 485. The 585 will give you great smoke and the truck will haul ***. I have an edge race cts in there now that was sent to me to try out. It is a great gauge package and good smooth power. But not alot. It does not have any tranny tuning in it now but edge is working on improving there tunes.

#22 ·
I need some suggestions with MPG, im only getting 11.1MPG
What can i do for that?
and whats the easiest possible way to blow some smoke

#23 ·
Like we said before start wit tuner and exhaust and you will see a good gain.

#25 ·
alright thanks guys
ive got another question
if i go with a 4" Straight pipe with Cat and DPF Delete pipe will i have to run a programmer for any reason?
or can i just do the exhaust and be fine?

#27 ·
Whats up with having to do that?
what happens if i dont run a tuner and just the exhaust?
and so my best be would be to go with a DPF Delete Compatible Tuner First then buy the exuast once i save up some more $$$?
or do they both have to be done at the same time.

#28 ·
Sensors my friend. If you don't have something to shut regen off, the truck will go in to constant regen and from there.....limp mode.

With the Spartan tuner, you have the option of running one of the 4 DPF on tunes until you decide to go with a DPF delete. That opens up a whole new world. 9 tunes are available out of the box once the DPF is deleted. You will see no smoke, and minimal mileage gains with the DPF on the truck though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.