What is it going to take? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cobrat03, this thread has received 108 replies and been viewed 5403 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

What is it going to take?

A very good friend of mine has an 05' Dodge CC 2wd dually with lots of mods (TST, Predator pressure box, exhaust, intake, intercooler, TC, trans work done, etc.). This last weekend he put it to a fellow 6.0 with a turbo, intercooler, SCT claiming to make upwards of 560rwhp. What is it going to take or is it possible to prove to him these 6.0's can run with him? I have big plans for mine, but until then all I see it his tail gate, any suggestions?

2011 F350 CC SB SRW LARIAT
2 CRAVE OFF ROAD WHEELS 20 X 9
NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS 35 X 12.50 X 20
RECON LIGHTS
COLOR COATED GRILL SURROUNDING
H&S BLACK MAXX
4" DPF DELETE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 PM

Id add injectors/fuel system, nitrous, headstuds/fire rings, a bigger turbo, an intercooler, but im spending your money.

4.10's probaly wouldn't hurt either.

-dan
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM

If you expect a 6.0 PSD to run with a highly modded 5.9 CTD, I hate to burst your bubble but it is not going to happen.

I am a Ford Man but I have to respect a strong diesel!!
post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrat03
A very good friend of mine has an 05' Dodge CC 2wd dually with lots of mods (TST, Predator pressure box, exhaust, intake, intercooler, TC, trans work done, etc.). This last weekend he put it to a fellow 6.0 with a turbo, intercooler, SCT claiming to make upwards of 560rwhp. What is it going to take or is it possible to prove to him these 6.0's can run with him? I have big plans for mine, but until then all I see it his tail gate, any suggestions?
What turbo??? the guy has no fuel...no wonder he got took......Tell him to come to Houston TX. October 15th.....There will be at least 5 if not more 6.0's there that will hand him his lunch....did you see the supposed truck?...It's pretty safe to say 560hp with the stock fuel system on #2 only is impossible....at the rear wheels anyway..
jschall
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM

I'd say you were quite right JSchall. 400 was stretching mine--stock turbo, injectors, and airbox. and I know I had a good tune.......
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSNIPER
Id add injectors/fuel system, nitrous, headstuds/fire rings, a bigger turbo, an intercooler, but im spending your money.

4.10's probaly wouldn't hurt either.

-dan
All this is in the works except for gears.

RECON LIGHTS
H&S BLACK MAXX
4" DPF DELETE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschall
What turbo??? the guy has no fuel...no wonder he got took......Tell him to come to Houston TX. October 15th.....There will be at least 5 if not more 6.0's there that will hand him his lunch....did you see the supposed truck?...It's pretty safe to say 560hp with the stock fuel system on #2 only is impossible....at the rear wheels anyway..
jschall
I'm just going off what my buddy told me. It had a turbonetics turbo and intercooler, don't know what size turbo, injectors and tuning by SCT. The guy told my buddy he has gone through 4 sets of aftermarket injectors. I don't know what brand they are. I told my buddy that I thought the guy was a fool if he is on his 5th set of injectors. Obviously he has a problem somewhere that needs addressed.

mikehalseyjr:

As much as I hate to agree with you, that is my gut feeling as well. I don't know that I can necessarily beat him, but if I could at least make him think for a few seconds this turd 6.0L is going to, thanks enough for me. My buddy is a Ford guy, believe it or not, but he's not hip on the 6.0L, that's why I want to show him the can be almost as stout as a Cummins.

RECON LIGHTS
H&S BLACK MAXX
4" DPF DELETE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE
post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I'm just going off what my buddy told me. It had a turbonetics turbo and intercooler, don't know what size turbo, injectors and tuning by SCT. The guy told my buddy he has gone through 4 sets of aftermarket injectors. I don't know what brand they are. I told my buddy that I thought the guy was a fool if he is on his 5th set of injectors. Obviously he has a problem somewhere that needs addressed.

mikehalseyjr:

As much as I hate to agree with you, that is my gut feeling as well. I don't know that I can necessarily beat him, but if I could at least make him think for a few seconds this turd 6.0L is going to, thanks enough for me. My buddy is a Ford guy, believe it or not, but he's not hip on the 6.0L, that's why I want to show him the can be almost as stout as a Cummins.
HMMMMM.. thats great new's their turbos are out and being sold......
wished I would have known that ...
post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:

first off have you ever seen a 6.0 at a dyno event put down over 550 h.p. No. There are a few in the U.S. but not very many. The diesel community is pretty small in the 6.0 world and I would find it hard to believe that there is a 560rwhp without him being in at least one of these web sites.

I say the guy claiming 560 is full of bs. He most likely has an exhaust intake and programmer, nothing else. 400hp or less.

check this out and see how many cummins are over 560hp.
http://www.dieselperformancemotorspo...tlist.do?ID=21

four trucks over 560.

Jeremy
post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to skter97
Iam Currently In The Works On Having An Install Done On My Truck. Looking For Some Numbers That Are Close To 600hp And 100+tq That Should Happen With The Mods That Iam Doing.

http://performancebyhenry.com/index-videos.php

2008 F250 FX4 ECLB, ALL RECONED OUT, S&B INTAKE, 6 INCH FABTECH LIFT WITH 37 TOYOS ON 20X10 HELOS WHEELS MAXX 8 CHROME, SPARTAN TUNED WITH THE 310!! 5 INCH MBRP COOL DUAL SS EXHAUST, SUPER DUTY LETTERING INSERTS, 6K HID BI-EXENON LIGHTS AND 6K BI-EXENON FOG LIGHTS, 5100 BILSTIEN SHOCKS, SHOCKER 152DB HORNBLASTER KIT!!,MORE TO COME,MAYBE A SPEARCO INTERCOOLER AND MAYBE SOME NOS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode