Hit the local dyno - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by outlaw6oh, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 926 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Hit the local dyno

Ok I went to the local dyno today and boy was I surprised. First off they didn't tell me till I was in there office that there dyno was screwed up and couldn't read the torque, well ok guess I'll just get some hp#s. Hit the rollers stock first and ran an impressive 209hp , ok I said wow that seemed kinda low so I load up the extreme setting and throw down an off the chart 292laugh . Now people said this dyno reads low because of light rollers and all but man I'm not even making stock horsepower with the extreme setting.
So heres a question for all you veteran dyno people, he had me go in second gear run up to a 1000rpm and then hit it till max rpm, does that sound right or does that help explain these crazy #s? I'm kinda embarassed to post a pic of the dyno sheet, so maybe later.

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:24 AM

Well in 2nd you have gearing helping you a bunch which means it won't load the truck up as well. Not loaded up will mean lower numbers. Basically, your truck doesn't have time to build adequate boost. When I ran at the dyno I ran it up to 70 MPH then rolled into the go pedal slowly, but fast enough to have it on the floor by 80. I laid down just a smidgen under 400RWHP and ~740RWTQ using that method. My truck is all stock EXCEPT for the Quad 160 box.

Your other option would be for ID to build you a Dyno file that will pretty much locks you into direct with the TC locked up above a certain speed with the same engine tune.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw6oh
he had me go in second gear run up to a 1000rpm and then hit it till max rpm, does that sound right
WTF? 2nd gear? At minimum, you should've been in direct. I hit the governor so fast on my Ram (stock governor springs), I can't get really any numbers, unless I'm in O/D. I only got something like 100hp in direct. I've only added the bigger injectors and delivery valves since that attempt. Ran again on a different dyno in O/D, and put 363hp and 793tq to the ground.

The new injectors and the DVs probably only added 60hp, maybe. They didn't add much more fuel than what I was running before.

I'd suggest a different shop that KNOWS how to dyno a diesel.

"Some people are educated beyond their intelligence."

'93 W350 CC, LE, 5spd, HTT modded H1C, 4" DE

Sold- '99 3500 Q/C, SO CTD, 4x4, 5spd.

Traded off- '97 3500 C/C, 4x4, CTD

'92 W250, LE, CC, CTD w/ tweaked pump (SOLD)

"Obama = Hoax and Chains"

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I should have known better than run after watching them hack up the dyno run on a sweet 67Camaro, he ran 342hp and he said his #s were low and they were telling him it was his high gear going out in his tranny. But there was defenitely no load on my motor I pegged the tach in like 2seconds flat, even going around 4400rpms in extreme I think it went a little over but it was so quick it was hard to tell. I think I'm gonna make a trip up north to DDP I hear they got one of the best dynos in the area and know what they are doing.:thanks:

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode