X Dyno Sheet - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Choke_On_My_Smoke, this thread has received 49 replies and been viewed 6899 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

X Dyno Sheet

It's funny how everyone can post their numbers, yet everything is fine..
I post my sheet, and the CSI Crime Lab has to jump on it.

Greg first of all let me start by saying that no one at your Local SCT dealer in Maryland has anything that runs at the track, second yes You are GOD, and Thousands of dollars thrown away into a garbage pale, ahumm.. I mean 7.3 will get you some decent results like yours has after a few engines blown, and tons of cash put in.

You always seem to have alot to say when someone comes close to your HP/TQ #'s but yet, can NEVER make a majot event to show off your art glass work.... You, and who ever wants from your local SCT dealer that lives 1000 yards from your house can bring what you so call "FAST" to Virginia on the 15th, as I will be there, and so will be something to take care of you and whatever you want to bring along to the track....

I'm done with this thread, I kknew we had some times on our hands, but I didnt think we had this much... All I did was post an email sent to me by the place where the truck was Dynoed... PERIOD.....

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:18 AM
Window Licker

Never doubted you one bit. That is some impressive numbers. :Thumbup:

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 AM
GET0NIT

Send a message via AIM to tunedportcj5
sick numbers man... :smoke:

2005 F-350 CC FX4 **SOLD** =(
www.terratraction.com
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 AM

Sick numbers. I never doubted them one bit, but the graph says 11/18/05. Can I borrow the time machine?
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Mitch I don't understand the graph.

Why does you X make such poor numbers around 2200-2400 r.p.m.'s. YOu have like well over 150 lbs torque less compared to the graphs of SCT 6.0's. It's like the whole graph has been shifted up 400 or 500 r.p.m. I'm guessing your explaination for the large curve upwards is the wet nos kit? If that is the explaination then your showing a lesser tuned vehicle than the sct then just pumpimg a ton of fuel in through the wet nos system to make all that power. That doesn't sound very safe to me. Then again I don't really understand the wet nos concept because it seems to me that it would really through off the engine timing, maybe really early detonation?

My other explaination for the graph is a big turboed diesel engine that took until 2600 to get the turbo properly spooled up to start making power. Like maybe a big turboed 7.3 L.

I guess my final conclusion is that since the date is wrong, I must question how many other things are wrong.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 01:41 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Send a message via AIM to BMDMAX
What were the raw numbers instead of SAE? Correction factors on a nitrous run pretty much get thrown out the window.....

2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:[email protected] #2 Only [email protected] #2W/N20
LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ [email protected]

Read about Weekend on the Edge 2005

Truck Website

Chasing 11's Video

Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah, All the dyno slips I got that day were a year ahead of their time... The dyno operator did not bother, or mistakenly had entered the date, but that grap is well over a year old.

Lube you mentioned why the spike, thats the engine being run on a Nitrous Wet system is all I can think of, because most of my graphs on the NOS start of low and just build up real quick passed 22-2400 rpms, also the tune that was used did not have a torque converter option, because I lock up the torque converter manually with a switch from inside the cabin, but it locks up way too harsh to be used on the rollers.

Mitch
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDMAX
What were the raw numbers instead of SAE? Correction factors on a nitrous run pretty much get thrown out the window.....

Actually BMDMAX those are RAW numbers, that was done one a open Dyno Day, and things were a bit of a mess, as you can see the operator had the date set wrong on the PC he was using to Run the Dyno Jet. I live in South Florida... I dont think we need a correction factor.... :

Mitch
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Diesel Pro

dang mitch even those are impressive :Thumbup:

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Send a message via AIM to BMDMAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke_On_My_Smoke
Actually BMDMAX those are RAW numbers, that was done one a open Dyno Day, and things were a bit of a mess, as you can see the operator had the date set wrong on the PC he was using to Run the Dyno Jet. I live in South Florida... I dont think we need a correction factor.... :

Mitch
Mitch,

The graph represents a corrected number. Uncorrected numbers would have "Actual" on the graph rather than "SAE", like this:

Depending on weather condtions your real numbers could be higher or lower. Nitrous can easily blow away correction factors on a turbo diesel.

I am not bashing just making an observation.

2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:[email protected] #2 Only [email protected] #2W/N20
LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ [email protected]

Read about Weekend on the Edge 2005

Truck Website

Chasing 11's Video

Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode