A Few BOMBing Tips - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Billysgoat, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 3035 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

A Few BOMBing Tips

Couple of tips from someone who has screwed up so you don't have to :Thumbup:

Know what you are going to use the truck for, be it racing, daily driving or sled pulling. There are all sorts of mods out there, be certain what you are getting will do what you want.

GET GAUGES!!! Even with light BOMBing they are a good idea, with anything beyond a light BOMB they are required. Budget for them, they are worth it.

SUPPORT THE POWER! Don't put all your gadget budget into go fast/pull harder goodies if you can't support the power you will make. Read: Make sure the tranny is gonna take it.

Remember what you are going to do with the truck, I tow with mine, driveability is and remains a concern.

Do you some research, find what works for you and go into it with your eyes open. If you are a HP junkie, don't delude yourself into thinking that you will be happy with "Just a few tweaks". Unless you have some supreme will power it ain't gonna happen :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 AM

thats ror darn sure!:agreed:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 AM

yeah, I'll second that. I always do gauges first, and if for some reason someday I have a STOCK truck, it will still have gauges less than a week after I buy it. After having my intercooler boot pop off on me, I am sure glad I was running gauges. I was running unloaded and and I even with the box on 1x5 when it happened I hit dangerously high EGT's really quickly, and other than my boost gauge I wouldn't have known it happened. Had I been towing a 14k stock trailer up a long steep grade, I would've been done with out them.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 02:51 AM

"Do you some research, find what works for you and go into it with your eyes open. If you are a HP junkie, don't delude yourself into thinking that you will be happy with "Just a few tweaks". Unless you have some supreme will power it ain't gonna happen "

I won't consider myself a HP junkie, but my few tweaks are enough power to make most people happy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:36 AM
HOSS PERFORMANCE

i got gauges before i did anything and glad i did!

few tweeks wont do it for me-i want a full blown bullet proof trans and 600+hp to turn it then ill be happy for a bit.

2003 chevy 1500 leveled on 22s pioneer dvd and cd with jbl subs amp and mids. like the truck but its nothing to me till i get another that can run with out spark plugs....on the lookout for a 2003 and up 6sp 4x4.....then its on!!!!

Dominator Performance Diesel
www.dominatordiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode