How To Prepare for Gauges - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DieselMinded, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 4431 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Its Me !

How To Prepare for Gauges

Gauge Installation

- Preparation Guide -

BOOST GAUGE INFO

Boost gauges are available in many sizes. 0‑35 psi is widely used but with where things are going in the CTD world you'll be pegging it and not sure how much boost is actually being generated. I think a 0‑50 psi is sufficient but will use a 0‑60 psi gauge just in case.

Boost install kit comes with the boost gauge

Many drill and tap the air horn for hook up to motor. Piers Diesel Research, Inc. offers a BOOST BOLT

All you do is remove a bolt from the top of the engine and put the BOOST BOLT in the same hole. The boost bolt is already tapped for the boost gauge hose.

FUEL PRESSURE

ISOLATOR

After the purchase of the gauge usually 0‑30 PSI you have to purchase other parts to complete installation.

Enterprise Engine Performance (EEP)

The EEP Isolator is pre‑primed with antifreeze for the connection between the isolator and the gauge. The Isolator is mounted under the hood with the antifreeze filled line ran through the fire wall into the cab and to the gauge.

The connection from the isolator to the motor is highly debatable. On certain model years there are ports on top of the fuel filter for the connection.

For the years that donít have the ported fuel filter cap, Geno's Garage has an after market billet fuel filter cap that is tapped for the FP gauge hose hook up.

Fuel Pressure (Cont.)

I chose to connect into the Schrader valve on my Vp44; itís like a tire valve stem with the needle inside. This is also known as a test port.

Geno's Garage has a special GG like hose that'll push the needle in when you tighten the hose down so removal of the needle is not necessary. There are more options for taping the motor for FP Gauge hook up.

Many use a standard Grease gun hose for the connection but this requires the removal of the needle inside the test port.

2oo2 - 4x4 - QC/SB - K.O.R.E. - SC 3 Disk TC - SC ProLoc VB - 5.0 KDL - HX35 12 CM - 4 " S/S BANKS - Mr. Bobs Hoses - ATS Exhaust & Intake Manifold's -Schied Valve Cover - EEP PPK - Vulcan - Haisleys ADD - Haisleys 7x14 Injectors Flowed By MDP - Schieds VP44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Its Me !
Threadstarter

Outline

PYRO

When you purchase the gauge youíll get a thermocouple and thermocouple lead wire.

Additional tools are requires for install.

This is the Inconel

type "K" Thermo couple

The Drill bit is 11/32, the tap is a 1/8 N.P.T. (it is tapered, a normal tap wont work)

The manifold is not hard metal, so drilling is easy. Installation of the Thermo Couple is also highly debated, some remove the turbo before drilling (only 4 bolts but may require replacement or manifold gasket).

Others (ME) just put a dab of grease on the drill bit to catch the shavings. A small magnet tool can also be used to get any small pieces out of the manifold.

NOTE :

Turbo damage may result if metal shavings are left in manifold

Here is the EGT Gauge Thermo Couple lead wire

that connects to the gauge.

Complete Install Info

Here is a installation kit for gauge systems available at Genoís and DPP

Other recommended tools

For all Fuel line piping connections

PERMATEX 2

2oo2 - 4x4 - QC/SB - K.O.R.E. - SC 3 Disk TC - SC ProLoc VB - 5.0 KDL - HX35 12 CM - 4 " S/S BANKS - Mr. Bobs Hoses - ATS Exhaust & Intake Manifold's -Schied Valve Cover - EEP PPK - Vulcan - Haisleys ADD - Haisleys 7x14 Injectors Flowed By MDP - Schieds VP44
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 05:09 PM

Does anyone have the Pictures for this Forum somewhere?? iam installing my boost gauge and the fuel gauge myself and iam unsure where the fuel line goes.. there is a banjo bolt on the end of a hose and iam just wondering where on the fuel pump this goes in at...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:23 AM

I too am interested in seeing the pic's, anyone got access to these?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:23 AM

I too am interested in seeing the pic's, anyone got access to these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode