gauages are actin funny - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 97CumminsTurboDiesel, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1215 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Let it rip tator chip!

the day i graduated high school
gauages are actin funny

im hookin my gauges back up in my 97' i got a EGT,boost,tranny. I got all my wires hooked up and i went ahead and plugged the gauges in to make sure i was gettin good connection before i did anythang else. well i plugged my EGT in and its a 1500' F gauage turned the key to on postion, it went up to 1100' F degrees and came back down and the only color it had was blue then i pushed in the connector a little more and i took change to any color. well turn the key off and did it again went to 1100 and came back down and it would change color at all just stayed on blue.but when i had it plugged in the first time it went to 1500 then came back down. then my boost gauage couldnt change color so i thought i had the red and yellow wire reversed so i reveresed then it came on red i couldnt understand bc the first light is blue so i unplugged and tied them back the way i had it the first time. And the tranny temp was doin the same as the EGT it wouldnt go up all the way then just went back down.

im thinkin could it be a bad ground. Also too when i turned the key to on postion it would just buzz til i turned the key off and the 12+ i wired it in the fuse box with the engine fuse.And while i was turning the key to get a look at the readings the battery was half way dead but im pretty sure that wouldnt have effort on it.

97' Cummins 2500 Gauges from glowshift (EGT, boost) Fuel pressure gauge from auto-meter. Stage 2 airbox, boost elbow, barrels & plungers turned.Custom fuel plate,Airdog 150gph.AFC mods & 3K GSK.SDX injectors (stage 3 140hp).Drilled wastegate.Converted to a NV4500 with a double disc. Being restored from the ground up

01' Cummins 2500 (dads) with a Hotrod pump,100hp injectors, Fass 150, Edge juice with attitude,also plug and power chip,stage 2 ice box,4 1/2 exgaust pipe,HX40

Riding Dirty #60
B.O.M.B Squad #79
Singles Club #260
Special thanks too

http://www.southerndieselx.com/
xtremediesel.com
dieselperformance.com
cptrucks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Let it rip tator chip!
Threadstarter

the day i graduated high school
i found what it was, it was the buzzer fuse.

97' Cummins 2500 Gauges from glowshift (EGT, boost) Fuel pressure gauge from auto-meter. Stage 2 airbox, boost elbow, barrels & plungers turned.Custom fuel plate,Airdog 150gph.AFC mods & 3K GSK.SDX injectors (stage 3 140hp).Drilled wastegate.Converted to a NV4500 with a double disc. Being restored from the ground up

01' Cummins 2500 (dads) with a Hotrod pump,100hp injectors, Fass 150, Edge juice with attitude,also plug and power chip,stage 2 ice box,4 1/2 exgaust pipe,HX40

Riding Dirty #60
B.O.M.B Squad #79
Singles Club #260
Special thanks too

http://www.southerndieselx.com/
xtremediesel.com
dieselperformance.com
cptrucks.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode