Help please to choose diagn.equipment for J.Deere, CNH and CAT tractors - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AlexBrooy, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 2192 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Help please to choose diagn.equipment for J.Deere, CNH and CAT tractors

Hello, Guys!
My hobby and job is diagnosis and repair of electric problems in diesel and gasoline vehicles.
Now I am going to work with a few farmers which own tractors of J.Deere, CaseNewHolland, CAT, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger etc.
If I will buy OEM diagnostic equipment for each model, I should sell my house, my car, etc ...
I asked resellers in my country about DPA-5 and Nexiq usblink adapters. Some told me that Nexiq will work with JDeere ServiceAdvisor, some told that I should use only JDeere EDL with Service Advisor. Does anybody tried to connect to J.deere using original Nexiq Usb link or DPA-5?
Another problem with Case&NH software. Some people say that original standart DPA-5 dualCAN will work fine with CASE NEW HOLLAND diagnostic software. But some people say that DPA-5 should be flashed for use with CNH software. Also they say after reflash the DPA-5 will not work with other OEM software, like CAT ET, Wabco etc.
Guys, please, help me with a piece of advice. Whom should I believe? What do you suggest to use to connect to these tractors ?

With hope for help,
Alexander Bruy
Ukraine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode