4 cylinder perkins turn up fuel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by super15jimmy, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 17017 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

4 cylinder perkins turn up fuel

i got a 4 cylinder perkins diesel with a CAV injector pump. I have seen a guy on here saying how to turn up the fuel but when I take the plate off I don't see any allen bolt to turn if somebody could show how to turn the fuel up or just show a picture of the fuel plate off with the inside showing where this allen screw is thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I just found a guy on a website called yesterdays tractors and he explained everything how to do it but i accidently slipped the wheel of the spline shaft and i can't get it back on , I need help quickly the tractor needs to be used for work and its downtime is starting to cost me money on jobs!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

okay this is how to turn up the fuel on a CAV injector pump you take the fuel plate off on the side of the pump. When you take the plate off it will empty all the fuel out of the pump so watch out! You will then see a steel wheel with letters on it that sits on a shaft , you will see two black bolts that go through steel wheel with letters loosen them, when the bolts become out of there holes, the bolts won't come out of the wheel. Make sure, DO NOT SLIDE THE WHEEL off the spline shaft becuz it is a pain in the arse to get back on. Okay anyways where the bolts go into there is plate turn the plate towards you one full turn you have to do full turns because you have to screw the bolts back into the steel plate. The bolts seem to come off good with an 8mm wrench and so does the plate on the pump. After you turn the plate( by the way if you turn the plate the other way it decreases fuel ) And put it all back together. You will need to bleed the system refer to picture for this and other information. [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Benners\Desktop\TRAVIS AG\Pictures\dpapump_030[/IMG]
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The two bolts right to the left of the fuel pump plate are breather screws the top one will need to be loosened and the motor turned over until diesel comes out then put it back. Start the motor and go for a drive I only turned the injection pump up 1 turn and I see a little black smoke at full throttle at the beginning and it has more power remember watch your egt's I will probably turn it up another 1 or 2 turns too see what it does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode