Case 930 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cbtumedic, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1624 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Case 930

My brother and I are about to aquire an old Case 930 tractor to play around with, want to make an impromtu smoker tractor, I know it's not a great platform to start with, but it's free and if we burn it up then i'll have an excuse to swap a DT466 in it. Some questions though, this one doesn't have a turbo, we plan on building a tubular turbo manifold for it, but i have no clue what turbo to put on this thing as i am only familiar with CTD's in P/U's. We have a "baby" H1C off of my brothers '91 non-intercooled CTD just laying in the shop, how would this perform for us? Also does anyone know anything at all about the IP on this tractor, it's an inline pump i believe it was made by bosch but i don't know the model number off hand and don't have access to the tractor right now. But i was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the full load delivery rate, full power adjustment, and any AFC adjustments? What about interchangable injectors for this old pig? I could pull the stockers and have them extrude honed at Dr. Peformance (I know some guys that work at their shop in W'ford, although i'm not fond of Doc's business practices.) Any other performance tips, just trying to make some power and smoke w/little or no money at this time. Sorry for the long post any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Update, just got off phone with my brother and he had all the numbers we could find on pump written down SD C2 A22638 and it is a bosch pump.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Get Rid Of It. Every One I Have Had Apart The Counterbore Where The Sleeves Sit Have Been Junk. The Rear Ends And Trannys Are Weak Also The Heads Are Prone To Cracking. It Will Be Much Cheaper And Alot More Fun To Put Together A Red One Such As A 1066. Hope I Have'nt Offended Any One . Just My Two Cents
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I really want a 1066 or 1086, but this one is free for the taking and not in good enough shape to do anything else with or desirable enough to make any money off of, nice ones going for 3k or less. There are a couple of guys pulling with them that i've seen pictures of but i don't know anything else about them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 AM

We still use a 930 to move bales and to swath...good tractors if the owner knows how to take care of them...

You might want to look at a turbo from a Case 1170...not sure if the manifolds will bolt up or not though...

07.5 LMM DMAX, 2500 HD, LT, PCV re-route, resonator delete, Edge EVO/RACE - level 3 --> coming soon: lift pump, MBRP 4", Trans Go Jr.

14.1 @96.2 MPH

84 Chev 1500, 6.2, auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode