loader trouble - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Granite101a, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 902 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

loader trouble

My 750 loader stalls out at low idle. Had fuel injector rebuilt but still a problem. Only way to start machine is to crack lines and bleed. Anybody heard of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 PM

could be somthing in the tank, broken fuel line, sucking air etc. it is loosing its prime

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 AM

First off i work for cat so i will say what we have problems with.
Sounds like a transfer pump or priming pump, also have saw the bleed screw on priming pump have the o-ring get torn form bleeding. also could be a cracked supply line. If something is in the take it would do it more likely with a low tank, does it make a difference how much fuel is in the tank?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Doesn't matter full tank or not. The Accelerator pedal sticks so machine is always running at a higher idle, unless you pull pedal up with your foot. Within 5-10 minutes you can hear the engine starving for fuel. Give a good shot with pedal and the machine runs fine. You can't leave the machine running at a low idle and walk away, or it dies. Tried bypassing the fuel bowl so that isn't the problem.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

We had a roller doing the same thing, only at a idle it would stall out it was draining the filter right dry, turned out to be a hair lin crack in the supply line, never leaked or anything. We found it by plugging one end of the line and blowing air in the other.

Have you changed the filters? Also you said you had a injector rebuilt. Did they put a gauge on it and what the pressure? A lot of the time the pumps in the injection pump will start to leak internally, and you will notice loss at low idle because pump is not pumping enough to make a difference.

Aslo at high idle does it have good power, does it sputter any when digging hard? Seems to me it is something in ethier the priming pump, transfer pump, injection pump or a supply line with a hair line crak in it or a return with the same.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 PM

Steel or plastic tank

check and see if your Tank is steel, sometimes if you dont keep your tank full it will rust causing metal flakes to contaminate your tank and line and filters check for that , take off fuel line blow back into tank sometime the chips hang and clogg exit tube on tank if so chips in tank , hag a magnet in there to grab chips , clean magnet evry month or replace tank Good luck
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:52 PM

were talking about a case here right
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Checked pressure on tank and lines

Not a Case, it's a Hyundai. I guess i hope it goes up in flames some night and get an check. Should bucked up and bought a Cat.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 05:31 PM

I had a rough terrian forkilift that I had installed a new injection pump on. I installed the inlet and return fuel line banjo bolts in the opposite holes. Not the lines but just the bolts. The supply line bolt had a small check valve in it and installing just the regular banjo bolt was allowing the fuel to drain back and not keeping prime. Also check any filters or filttings in the supply lines. JJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode