more fuel on Allis 190xt - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jakebrakeIH, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 5862 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
JakeBrakeIH

Send a message via AIM to jakebrakeIH
more fuel on Allis 190xt

hey I was courious if there was any Allis guys in this forum and if anyone knew if there was a way to turn up the fuel rate on the injection pump...I have done this to other tractors but not really familiar to the 190...I just got it so still learning...these tractors dont have lift pumps either and I was wondering if having an automotive type fuel pump with an adjustable pressure setting would help...I am aware of the rear end and trans of these machines seeing that I got the tractor free with rear end and trans troubles...I hope to pull with this one day so just starting some research...thanks fellas

2000 Silverado 1500 4.8L 5 speed 4x4

Go:K&N FIPK, Dual Flowmasters,
2002 PCM, Custom Tunes

Show:5% tint, Debadged, xeon blue HL,
clear parking lights, color matched grille, billet grille & bowtie
AR 20"s wheels, Kenwood HU, Kicker L7, Sirius, Blue LEDs in cluster:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 PM

I dont think adding an electric pump would help much unless you already have it turned way up and are starving the pump for fuel.
correct me if I'm wrong but I think that tractor has a roosamaster rotery injection pump. if so it may have a external screw on it that you can back out to turn it up, but not all of them have it and you may have to pull the top off to do it. if you can take a couple of pictures of the pump and post it up it would be a big help.

I had an ag teature in highschool that had a 190xt that he farmed with, but also did some pulling with it and could crank it up over 200hp when he wanted to, but he had done a little more than screw with the pump.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
JakeBrakeIH
Threadstarter

yes it does have a roosamaster rotary injection pump...not sure of the model of the pump or much else about it(I would go get the numbers off it but the tractor is about 4 hours away from me)...the tractor is completely stock(as of now: )but it did get a huge turbo off a semi(gotta get the specs)and am planning on getting some pump work done eventually with line and injectors but for now I'm probably just going to plow, disk and pull in the farm stock...someone had told me that the stock 301 head is limited to the stock turbo or slightly larger...I would like to find more out about that but for now I would like just a little more power...maybe this weekend I try and get some pics of the pump...thanks for your help pontiacross:Thumbup:

2002 PCM, Custom Tunes

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:09 AM

It has been awhile since talking with the old ag teacher about his tractor but I think he told me that the 190's came with a pump that has 2 plungers to pump fuel with. but there is a different pump that will almost bolt right on that would have came on bigger engines that has four plungers and it can be modified to pump a lot more fuel than the 2 plunger pump and still look stock.
I don't know a whole lot about turbos other than its pretty important to mach the size of it to the fuel your going to be pumping, especially if you still plan on farming with it. most injection or performance shops should be able to help you match everything and get her running good when your ready to go a lot bigger. and I'm sure there are ways to make it handle more boost if you need it:

Ross
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Bouncer

There should be a lift pump located on the back right side of the engine if I remember correctly. The fuel tank is in the rear over the axle and ther has to be a lift pump to get the fuel up there as it is to far and too low for gravity feed.

I know you are aware about the rear end on these tractors, but you might want to address that before making engine plans. Reason I say this is because $3k+ is not going to be out of the question to repair it properly. So that might make a difference in your engine plans.

Also unless you plan to turn high rpm all the time and do nothing but pull with it in farm stock/hot farm classes, that turbo of the semi is probably going to be waaay too large.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
I know you are aware about the rear end on these tractors, but you might want to address that before making engine plans. Reason I say this is because $3k+ is not going to be out of the question to repair it properly. So that might make a difference in your engine plans.
I like to do things backwards, get more power then worry about how your gonna get the rest of it to hold together later, because usually for me I'm already into deep to back out. I just have to close my eyes and throw more money at a project

seriously though what can he do to beef the rear end up for more power :shrug:

Ross

Tow Rig

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Bouncer

About all you can do to the rear end on a 190xt is rebuild it to series III specs and put a better clutch in it. That will hold about what he is going to get out of the 301. The series III has the larger axles, carriers, etc.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
JakeBrakeIH
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer
There should be a lift pump located on the back right side of the engine if I remember correctly. The fuel tank is in the rear over the axle and ther has to be a lift pump to get the fuel up there as it is to far and too low for gravity feed.

Also unless you plan to turn high rpm all the time and do nothing but pull with it in farm stock/hot farm classes, that turbo of the semi is probably going to be waaay too large.
Im almost positive that there is no lift pump on this tractor...the tractor is a 65 so its one of the first ones to be made but I do know(or pretty darn sure) that the series 3 tractors and 200s did have lift pumps...the reason I say that is becuase I had a hell of a time bleeding the system to get her to go...(what a nightmare ) but next time Im home I will look her over to see if I find anything...

as far as the rear end goes I have to fix that first seeing the tractor wont move right now...the power director is shot and the trans/ hyd oil and gear oil of the trans has mixed causing a huge problem...lots and lots of people told me its not worth it but the tractor was my grandfathers so to me it is worth it...it needs a bull gear, 3rd and 4th and a good overhaul...and I do hope to find the larger axles and beefier diff.

The reason Ive been asking about engine stuff if so that way I can just start to gather info...and you guys have done nothing but help...I def. agree that the turbo it way too big but it looks cool sitting in my garage

hopefully this weekend I can get some pictures and maybe see what can be done with the pump for now...:Thumbup:

like I said guys...thanks so much for your help!!!

2002 PCM, Custom Tunes

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 AM

Garage
Can't help on the topic, but my dad used to farm with a 190 XT Series 3 w/ Year-Round cab. One of the sale barns I go to has one as well. Has a loader on it and no cab.

"Some people are educated beyond their intelligence."

'93 W350 CC, LE, 5spd, HTT modded H1C, 4" DE

Sold- '99 3500 Q/C, SO CTD, 4x4, 5spd.

Traded off- '97 3500 C/C, 4x4, CTD

'92 W250, LE, CC, CTD w/ tweaked pump (SOLD)

"Obama = Hoax and Chains"

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Watch the rear end in that tractor if you decide to mod the engine. It wasn't exactly known for being strong in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode