tractor tires? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HarryB, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 870 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

tractor tires?

My old IH 3444 needs a new rear tire. I'm still in shock from the $455 price tag from a major brand name. (didn't know if I put their name here) The tire is a 16-9 x 24. Can any of you tell me a cheaper place to get a tire. Is there such a thing a recap for tractors? Found used one at the local shop, but it had a hole in it the size of a baseball, and he wanted 100.00 for it. I'm willing to get a used tire, but I want it to hold air!! Hope some of you experts can help me out. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 AM

Where are you at? Nebraska Tire always seems to have some pretty good deals on blems, and even some off-brand new ones. That's the big thing, check around the area for somebody that sells knock-offs. If you buy it elsewhere and have a local mount it, you're gonna end up with almost as much money in it as just buying it there. (tractor tires aren't hard, really, but they're heavy and take some pretty big tools).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for responding. I'm near San Antonio, TX. Our farmer's Coop. will mount those big suckers for aroung $15.00. Most of the shops charge $20-30. I took the bad tire off myself. I'm closing in on 70, so it took me longer than it use to. I just hate putting so much money into tires, until I'm sure I can get the old lady running again. Been sitting out in the field for 10 years. I need to get it into my shop so I can get started on it before hot weather returns. Thanks for your ideas!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 04:37 AM

That sounds high for a 16.9 - 24 tire. Was it a radial? I have many tractors with that size and never paid that many $ for one. Should be able to find them in the low $300 range for non radials. :squish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode