4253 massy ferguson pump. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by snowman_w900, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 4200 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Question 4253 massy ferguson pump.

hello.....i have 1998 massey 4253 and this thing is sick. it got low on fuel one day when i was running it, but didnt run out fuel ,so i fueled it up when i got back to the barn.....anyways i noticed it acted up and didnt run like it should a day or two after i fuel it up. changed the fuel filter still acting up. i know the fuel is good because i run it in all my other trucks and tractors none of them has had the slightest problem. now its hard starting at times dont have any throttle response.as a mtter of fact it and wont rev up. just idles. i checked the lift pump, its getting good fuel to the injection pump.not sure exactly what the pressure is sposed to be to the ip, has anyone changed a injection pump on this model or had a similar problem. i work on my trucks, but havent a injection pump on one of these apart yet, it doesnt look to bad.....Thanks

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM

MF 4253 Fuel Pump

I have the same tractor same problem just occured, have you had any luck in getting it fixed?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yes actually but your not gonna like what i'm gonna tell ya. i ended up taking the pump to the pump shop and had it put on the pump stand. it was the injection pump acting up, he tore it down and discoverd it was the metering valve stuck and wouldntlet it rev up, also one o-ring on the aneriod valve was blown. he told me he could fix those problems for a few hunderd bucks but he recommended i have it rebuilt since the pump had to be tore down anyways.I agreed because the tractor had some hours on it. so i did, and $943.63 later it runs like a new one. i'm sorry to hear that you haveing the same problem. i priced a reman pump it was $1100.00 pluse core. it was one of the more easier pump replacments i've done in a while. good luck buddy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode