deutz f3l 1011f won't start - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jim brun, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 9120 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

deutz f3l 1011f won't start

i have a deutz f3l 1011f engine powering a trash pump . it was running and then it died . it has a murphy switch on ( tatatell button ) i ussally turned the key all the way to the start postion and push the tattell button then something would click turn key back to run postion ,holding button in then back to the start postion then it would start . now i don't even get it to click and won'tr start . can you help me ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM

The problem sounds electrical for sure. Check any fuses or breakers that the machine has. If one is blown(fuse) or tripped (breaker) you have a short somewhere. There are only two things on the engine itself to short out. Either the diodes in the alternator burnt out and are shorted or the fuel solenoid is burnt up. The wires for the alternator come out from under the side panel of the engine, the left hand side if you are looking at the front of the engine, unplug them and see if you are still blowing fuses. If you don't blow a fuse remove the alternator and take to a starter and alternator shop for repair. You don't want to have to buy one outright.

If you still blow fuses with the alternator unplugged your fuel solenoid is probably burnt up. It is the little round thing just to the left and underneath the cooling fan. You will have to get one of those from a Deutz dealer. If I remember right they are about 150 bucks. Hope all this rambling helps you out.

IH 4x4 club member #2
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Duetz F3M 1011 F

I'm new at this forum stuff and diesels. I am having fuel problems with my Duetz F3M 1011 F also. I just got this JLG 450 AJ boom lift. It is 8 years old and ran good for about 3 hours. Now it started suddenly stalling when it feels like it. There is a switch that someone put in the control panel in the aerial basket that has something to do with the fuel. If the lift stalls, I have to leave the ignition on, cycle that added toggle switch(flip it one way then back) and I can hear it click. Then the lift will start again but stall out again 10-20 minutes later. Over and over. My problem and yours aren't the same but they sound similar. The engines have a slightly different model # but are close. I am just hoping we can both learn something here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode