I hate dodges. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ckbed, this thread has received 49 replies and been viewed 1926 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

I hate dodges.

Last weekend, as I was pulling out of the Fred Meyer parking lot, I noticed a white dodge in my rearview. So I pull out into the two lane highway, and go about my way. I look back again and hes still right there, and whats best is he keeps slowing way down dropping to about 100 yds, and then flying up and getting right behind me, over and over, each time leaving a black cloud of smoke as he flies up on my rear. I'm thinking he's either taken offense to the stacks, or the edge sticker, or he just hates Fords.

So we go all the way through town like that, weaving in and out of both lanes through traffic, and right as we hit the edge of town, finally get ahead of the pack. I of course, punch it (because you miss 100% of the shots you dont take, right?:shootself: )

And sure enough, at about 75, it goes by, both of the guys in the window are doing their best gangster mean-mug and I'm laughing, and then they keep going by. At that point I cut my losses and dropped back to the "not getting pulled over speed" And what does he do? He turns around and goes back into town.laugh

I hate dodges, and I need injectors. I'm coming for you buddy. Someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Cummins Man

Oh you shouldnt hate Dodges, there are people like that driving every brand. I had a 6.4 mess with me the other day. It didnt run like I thought it would, I figured he would hang with me a little bit better on the highway.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I hate them because they come stock with a cummins, and anyone with a screw driver and a grinder can make it a killer for 50 bucks that would cost me 9 grand to run with.

Much love to all of the big 3 diesels.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Diesel Mafia #67

COol story.. Ive had that happen to me.. But another dodge was messing with me.. : Hey finally a story where the ford drive doesnt win.. and make up some crazy story.! Congats..

Its ok .. if a fellow brand driver stack you.. dodge vs dodge.. Is ok because more then likely your gonig to pull over and Bs for hours on end :Thumbup: Now if a dodge stacked a Ford .. no... thats not cool then you have get him back.. That game can turn ugly..

Jordan

95-dodge 2500 built to the hill... - sold to litle brother
03- stroker 6.0 studs and basic BS

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbed
I hate them because they come stock with a cummins, and anyone with a screw driver and a grinder can make it a killer for 50 bucks that would cost me 9 grand to run with.

Much love to all of the big 3 diesels.

Not really. There is a modded out 12V in town. Injectors, cam, pump turned up and water meth / nos.

My buddies 97 can keep up with him with everything and water meth. With nitrous he pulls him a little.

My buddy has AD super duty injectors (my old ones), a Dp Tuner chip, and a custom GT37 turbo setup.

I can destroy the Dodge too, and neither one of use have 9 grand in add ons.

You have to be willing to learn, get your hands dirty, and do it yourself. Just like the Dodge guys do.

A "turned up" 12V is nothing spectacular. W/out injectors, turbo, and cam they're about 300hp I do believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Diesel Mafia #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMotion
Not really. There is a modded out 12V in town. Injectors, cam, pump turned up and water meth / nos.

My buddies 97 can keep up with him with everything and water meth. With nitrous he pulls him a little.

My buddy has AD super duty injectors (my old ones), a Dp Tuner chip, and a custom GT37 turbo setup.

I can destroy the Dodge too, and neither one of use have 9 grand in add ons.

You have to be willing to learn, get your hands dirty, and do it yourself. Just like the Dodge guys do.

A "turned up" 12V is nothing spectacular. W/out injectors, turbo, and cam they're about 300hp I do believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and no... Ive asked arround what Hp im at with injectors, DV's and a Fuel plate and everone is telling me arround 360-380hp With out timing and a trubo comming up from 160hp stock! Cams are good But they dont make that big of a diffrence.. They just make the 12v's lope like the 24v's but there is some power added.. Bouncer (bill) was running the same set up as me.. ( I just dont have timing )and he was at 405.x hp and 9XX torque.. Now with the trubo hes at 475hp.. mector ( mikey) is at 500+ hp ... with turbo injectors, timing, DV's no drugs running a 7.xx in the 1/8 mile.. :shrug:

Jordan

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Cummins Man

It also depends on who is doing the wrenching on any truck. Just because you read it on the computer dont make it easy. There is tuning you have to do with the pump to get the most out of them. It also depends on the year of the 12v and the pump it is running.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Diesel Mafia #67

To add on to that.. If you have flow work done to the pump.. If you have a good tranny/ clutch to bring that power to the ground.. mike has a 97.. whitch stock comes with 180 hp.. But then again mike also made his own DV's... And sliding the fuel plate all the way foward doesnt always mean " most power" You have to mess with it..

Jordan

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloudCTD95
Yes and no... Ive asked arround what Hp im at with injectors, DV's and a Fuel plate and everone is telling me arround 360-380hp With out timing and a trubo comming up from 160hp stock! Cams are good But they dont make that big of a diffrence.. They just make the 12v's lope like the 24v's but there is some power added.. Bouncer (bill) was running the same set up as me.. ( I just dont have timing )and he was at 405.x hp and 9XX torque.. Now with the trubo hes at 475hp.. mector ( mikey) is at 500+ hp ... with turbo injectors, timing, DV's no drugs running a 7.xx in the 1/8 mile.. :shrug:

I said without injectors.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Diesel Mafia #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMotion
I said without injectors.

No fuel mods.. Lets just say...... it wont move out of the way of its own shadow.. :roflmao: :roflmao:laugh

Jordan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode