Has anyone gone up against one of those.. ... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jschall, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 1699 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone gone up against one of those.. ...

Dodge 500 hp gas trucks with the spoiler and racing stripes? The guy down the road drive by like Ryan Newman on the commercial and was wondering if those are out of our reach for a good superduty spank'n???
j.schall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 AM

My neighbor has a yellow 500hp viper truck and yes I ran him in my diesel crewcab from a stop. He caught me around 95 to 100 mph. He was shocked when he seen my truck had him off the line and about two trucks on him. Now he got even with me. : He called me out in my wife's 03 cobra. He only wanted to run on a 20 mph roll. So I said ok. He pulled me a truck length. I caught him at around 120 when I went into 4th gear. We pulled over and he should me he was running nos on it. He says 100 shot :umno: I was very suprised :shrug:
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Diesel Pro

tipically the srt-10 should beat the diesel but in slow fords case, he has a fast diesel so i think he would win, heck he probably runs neck and neck with a lightning too.

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksforddiesel99
tipically the srt-10 should beat the diesel but in slow fords case, he has a fast diesel so i think he would win, heck he probably runs neck and neck with a lightning too.
Problem is, He can't get traction off the line like I do. So he has to roll out then get on it. Now if we were to race on a roll. I would be seeing his tail lights getting smaller
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Diesel Nutbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksforddiesel99
I SPANKED a SRT-10 at the track last year 3 times in a row!! :roflmao:

He kept coming back for more I was beating him by at least a second a pass : and he always had an excuse :blah: :evil:

Greg
2000 F250
"Not quite stock"
10.95 @ 125.91
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ouch!!!That much spank'n reminds me of grade school.. :Thumbup:
Dockboy its time for you to get a 6 litter too, so we can all take advantage of your experiance and such with mods......
j.schall
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Got Torque?

My buddy down the street has one and let me drive it. Sure, it is fast, I would say a tad quicker than my truck (just Edge/Attitude, MBRP single, no cat, AFE intake), but not much. Where it probably will kick our butts is at top end. It rolls right past 100mph with no problem. I had it at 130 and there was some room left. I know some of the stronger trucks here (Dockboy, Mitch, others) can take a stock SRT-10; probably all over (top end also).

But.....I am guessing it would not a whole lot for an SRT-10 to whomp all of our collective butts if they did some mods. The potential of those motors is huge. They probabloy could get it to run close to a real Viper if they did a few things, and in that case, you can forget about running with them. I raced a Viper a couple of months ago, and it was pitiful. I launches at 2000 rpm and he got me on the lunge, wiggled a little as he hit 2nd and when it grabbed, he was fu--in GONE. That's about the time you say to yourself "well, this is a truck, not bad for a truck......"

RL
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Exactly RL,
It is just a truck....but if I could just ..........
Its good to hear from you, how are those studs and gaskets holding? And did you precieve a performance increase from having her sealed up tight???
j.schall
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:43 PM
'Ol Builder guy

Guys,

Great thread!!! I moved this thread to the smoke stories forums since it's a racing thread.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:51 PM
jdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowford
My neighbor has a yellow 500hp viper truck and yes I ran him in my diesel crewcab from a stop. He caught me around 95 to 100 mph. He was shocked when he seen my truck had him off the line and about two trucks on him. Now he got even with me. : He called me out in my wife's 03 cobra. He only wanted to run on a 20 mph roll. So I said ok. He pulled me a truck length. I caught him at around 120 when I went into 4th gear. We pulled over and he should me he was running nos on it. He says 100 shot :umno: I was very suprised :shrug:

Put a 2.8 on the Cobra and smoke him.. For us Ford folks

I'd run 40-140 though, probably best range for the Cobra. That's where we run all our races unless it's from a dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode