Highway Blackout - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HD_F250, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 848 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
Highway Blackout

I honestly thought I would have seen this story posted this morning, but maybe the guy isnít on the forum so I guess Iíll post it.

Was driving through New Orleans the other day. Took the exit for the business district on I-10 and as Iím coming through the curve this black Dodge 2500 goes flying by. Heís zig-zagging through traffic like a madman and blowing smoke all over everyone. I decided to go ahead and catch up. Guess he saw me coming because he slowed down when I started making pursuit.

When I got up there I was coming up on the side of him and he hit it so I did as well. I walked past him so he pulls up on the side of me and starts blowing some smoke. I decided to do the same and get a little highway smoke out going. It was pretty fun smoking out all the people behind us.:smoke

After that I think the guy was trying to get me to race him through traffic, :umno: which is something I wonít doÖjust too dangerous, and my truck isnít quite set up for high speed zig-zagging through traffic. I just let him go ahead and race himself. When he turned off he rolled down his window and waved.:Thumbup:

Anyhow, we really didnít get to race because we didnít get too many open spots, but it was fun doing a highway blackout with another diesel.:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM

lemme get this straight, Its safe to smoke out a highway but its not safe to race out a highway?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Nut
lemme get this straight, Its safe to smoke out a highway but its not safe to race out a highway?
Well, it's the interstate so it's fairly straight and people can slow down if their vision is impared by smoke; although I don't think we blew enough to black out all 4 lanes and we were traveling at speeds of about 70MPH so the smoke would clear pretty fast. I would say that's a whole lot safer than pulling some fast and the furious racing through traffic.

When I say this guy was racing through traffic I don't mean he was just doing a little zig-zag'n. I mean he was using up all 4 lanes blasting in between cars like a madman. He was kind of driving like Ricky Bobby when he was chasing after Frenchy.... I'll blow a little smoke and mess around in an opening, but I'm not zipping around through traffic like that.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM

is that so.....

its ok, im just yanking your chain. Ive smoked enough to make cheech go "Daaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnn"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 PM

I like smoke
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 AM

I was down there about the beginning of June. I brought down about 3 pallets of shingles to a church in Covington that came from my church. Well, the Friday we were going into the city to help clean up some streets. Well, me and my bro were following a van in my truck. A semi got between us, so we tried to keep tabs with them as they had the directions. Well, after about 3 miles of following this truck, I go into the far left lane lane to get around him. "Where are they?" I ask my bro. He pointed and said "Right there!" Well in about 1/8 mile was the exit and I had to go across 3 lanes to get to them. Well as they told me later. I was in 4th gear as we were constantly going from 30-60mph cause people were cutting in front of us like crazy!

We were wondering where you were! We looked until someone saw the black cloud go behind a a truck. As we watched, outta that cloud came that big black truck of yours!

I barely made it to the exit!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Diesel Mafia #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_F250
I honestly thought I would have seen this story posted this morning, but maybe the guy isnít on the forum so I guess Iíll post it.

Was driving through New Orleans the other day. Took the exit for the business district on I-10 and as Iím coming through the curve this black Dodge 2500 goes flying by. Heís zig-zagging through traffic like a madman and blowing smoke all over everyone. I decided to go ahead and catch up. Guess he saw me coming because he slowed down when I started making pursuit.

When I got up there I was coming up on the side of him and he hit it so I did as well. I walked past him so he pulls up on the side of me and starts blowing some smoke. I decided to do the same and get a little highway smoke out going. It was pretty fun smoking out all the people behind us.:smoke

After that I think the guy was trying to get me to race him through traffic, :umno: which is something I wonít doÖjust too dangerous, and my truck isnít quite set up for high speed zig-zagging through traffic. I just let him go ahead and race himself. When he turned off he rolled down his window and waved.:Thumbup:

Anyhow, we really didnít get to race because we didnít get too many open spots, but it was fun doing a highway blackout with another diesel.:smoke
:roflmao: I hope he won!! special ED.. YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY I WONN!!!

Jordan

95-dodge 2500 built to the hill... - sold to litle brother
03- stroker 6.0 studs and basic BS

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Diesel Mafia #67

blacking out with another diesel IS ALWAYS fun..

Jordan

95-dodge 2500 built to the hill... - sold to litle brother
03- stroker 6.0 studs and basic BS

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloudCTD95
:roflmao: I hope he won!! special ED.. YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY I WONN!!!
Yea, I wasn't trying to keep up when he was racing himself, but I'm pretty sure he won.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode