There are some cool ricers out there after all - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Loose Nut, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 2023 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

There are some cool ricers out there after all

well, sunday was interesting.

Went to a cookout sunday and on the way home at 10pm i was on 695 outside baltimore and it was heavier then normal traffic. im in the lane next to the fast lane running about 65mph (4 lane highway) and this car pulled up beside me and i could hear a turbo but didnt pay no mind, theres no where to run with traffic the way it was so i didnt even look over.

I hear a Beep beep then a someone revving there motor and the suburu turbo sound, car sounded pretty darn cool. i look down and this guy is looking up at me waving and gesturing like he wanted to run. I just wave and point at traffic and motion for him that ill pass. He pulls ahead and puts his flashers on and cuts over into my lane so i popped over in the fast lane and pulled up right beside him and floored it and sent smoke across a few lanes and i know he had to be deaf in his left ear lol. I let off really quick because theres no where to go. So he falls back a bit and i continue on until i get to my exit.

the exit is a 2 lane exit so he pulls up beside me and beeps and so i turn overdrive off and my turbo spooled up pretty decent and he beeps 3 times and nails it on the straight part of the exit so i nail it with all im worth, i get behind him for about 2 seconds and hit the interstate and pulled past him like he was sitting still. i had about 5+ truck lengths on him when i hit 100mph so i let off and he fly's by me and then he hits the breaks and slows down to.

i come down to about 70mph and he continues on his way. About 10 minutes later i find myself behind him again so just to play i cut over a lane and floor it past him again just to let him hear the 4 inch again hehe. he pulls up behind me and we run about 80mph for the next 10 miles or so and this CTS pulls up beside me and he acts like he wants to play. the ricer that was behind me cut over to the fast lane so were 3 wide and im just waiting to go and the cts falls back and gets behind me then the ricer does the same so im like what the hell...... oh well.

We lose the cts somewhere and were still cruising along and then i hear it again, the turbo and the motor revving and then the beep, i look over and the kid has his window down and he's hanging as far over in the seat as he can and yells out "THAT IS ONE BAD *** F"N TRUCK MAN, FOOKIN AWESOME" and he gives me a thumbs up and he was still yellin something and smiling and im like wow, never had that happen before. i allways get the ricer fly by and watch them cut people off until there out of site. I waved back and yelled over "Thanks buddy, fun race" and barked some smoke and took my exit and he drove by beepin his horn. What a cool little guy he was. wish more people were like him and wouldnt get all butt hurt when they lose. I for one show some respect and even wave when i lose, no biggie.

anyhow, the entire time i couldnt tell what kind of car it was. it was debadged and low to the ground. Looked like a STI but without the hood scoop. It had a wing in the back and was silver as well. Talked to a friend and i think he nailed it, he said it was one of these

looked and sounded really good. Anyhow, thought i would share cause it wasnt so much winning the race, but the fact the dude was that cool about it.

cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM

what part of 695 and what did the dude look like...kinda curious if it was a friend of mine
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

just ask your friend if he ran a F350 and got beat sunday night. If it was him, he will more then likly say something. He was a young guy, 20-24? white, skinny.... all i could really tell.

i think i first saw him before 795 and he followed me all the way to woodbine on 70. thats like 25 miles......

id be interested in chatting with him, he was cool.

oh and get on creepers Theres a thread calling diesels with stacks ricers
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 PM

wasnt him...we live in the essex/middle river area

he did say he went to the track for the first time and ran a 15.4 then a 14.5 and his car is just a regular WRX, not an STi

i would run him but he will kill me on the launch.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yea, i get killed at the launch because i dont know how to race haha.

Sti's are fast, i ussualy pretend im stock when there around
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM

i pull 3.1 60' times...i cant launch at all!

i guess i am gay, because stacks are gay...at least thats what all the MC guys say
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

once they get a whif of the ghey coming from you, youll be a hit
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM

awesome, i only joined there because i bought a stock cherokee, that doesnt even have tags on it yet

sure are alot of diesel guys over there tho...trying to figure out who some of them are since they seem to have the baddest trucks in the state and know everything
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

what do you want to know, only a few of us are tuned or built up. i think im the only tuned ford in the bunch, scott actually has a built cummins. the rest are mild. Cerebus has a 7.3 but eh, its a 7.3.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
subarus are quick, heck even my friends 03 Forester X is quick, borla headers, race pipe, forget intermediate and axle back he has, plus ebay intake, its quick, but don't konw track times, still pulls like a monster tho.

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode