Nissan Titan killed - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HD_F250, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 818 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
Nissan Titan killed

Well, I hate when people do this, but it seems to happen quite often around here...

I was making a U-turn. When I made the turn I took the outside lane and was just driving. Apparently a Nissan Titan was behind me, he took the inside lane, and nailed it off the bat. He blew past me and got about two trucks on me before I even thought to hit the throttle. It took a few seconds, but once I got the momentum going I pulled past him (slowly, but surely). I gave him a little wave as I was passing by, which seemed to make him mad. When we hit top end it was all over, I had my momentum built up, the t/c locked, and I just started walking him. laugh

Well, he tried to pull a fast one on me, it almost worked...if he would have gained a little bit more before I got on it I probably wouldn't have been able to catch him...

I'll give that Titan one thing...I don't know if it was the major head start he got, but that truck was pretty quick...I'll give him that.:Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

ya, arent they like the biggest v8 you can get in a 1/2 ton or somethin? 5.6L or somethin? i know a guy that swears by ford, but when the new ones came out, he thought they were big turds, so he test drove some other stuff, test drove a titan, and bought it!

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 PM

the engine is only 338 cu.in. and 5.6L
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I don't know much at all about the Titan. I know even though he lost with a big head start it was pretty quick for a full sized truck. I'd like to know what those things run in the 1/4...it was a 2wd and basically the run was from a rolling start so he had a major weight advantage as well.

Needless to say, I don't think he was too happy about the race.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 PM

i killed a 2wd titan that looks to be somewhat modded. i know there isnt much in the way of motor/power mods for them unless you spray it. This one was lowered, had dual exhaust that was loud and some sorta intake because I could hear that typical intake roar coming from the front of the truck when he was beside me.

not to mention he had a bunch of chrome, dark tinted windows etc...

we were on a 2 lane road with a 45mph limit, and we only ran from 45 to about 90 when i let off and i was a good 7-8 lengths ahead of him. so he followed me onto the highway, and since it was after midnight and road was nearly empty i gave him a race from 60-???? I played with him by barely rolling into the throttle so he could hear it but i got past my lag point of about 12psi, he nails it and starts pulling...when his tailgate was at my bumper I put it to the floor and from 12-55psi is like lightning at the right rpm...and i shot past him like a slingshot!!! I let off when i hit my speed limiter at 117 and was bus lengths ahead of him. It was great, and he prolly thought I was spraying or something.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_F250
I don't know much at all about the Titan. I know even though he lost with a big head start it was pretty quick for a full sized truck. I'd like to know what those things run in the 1/4...it was a 2wd and basically the run was from a rolling start so he had a major weight advantage as well.

Needless to say, I don't think he was too happy about the race.

they run high 15's stock, as far as i know, the fastest titan 1/4 mile listed on the one forum i browsed a few weeks ago was a [email protected] on nitrous
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 PM

out the box bone stock the titan runs a 15.89 -16.00 in the 1/4 but i have seen a few guys with only a small 75 hp shot of nos with exhaust and intake down into the low 13's
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

thats pretty impressive!

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
i killed a 2wd titan that looks to be somewhat modded. i know there isnt much in the way of motor/power mods for them unless you spray it. This one was lowered, had dual exhaust that was loud and some sorta intake because I could hear that typical intake roar coming from the front of the truck when he was beside me.

not to mention he had a bunch of chrome, dark tinted windows etc...

we were on a 2 lane road with a 45mph limit, and we only ran from 45 to about 90 when i let off and i was a good 7-8 lengths ahead of him. so he followed me onto the highway, and since it was after midnight and road was nearly empty i gave him a race from 60-???? I played with him by barely rolling into the throttle so he could hear it but i got past my lag point of about 12psi, he nails it and starts pulling...when his tailgate was at my bumper I put it to the floor and from 12-55psi is like lightning at the right rpm...and i shot past him like a slingshot!!! I let off when i hit my speed limiter at 117 and was bus lengths ahead of him. It was great, and he prolly thought I was spraying or something.
This one was a 2wd and like I said he got a GOOD jump on me because I didn't even know he was there. By the time I realized he was there he was passing me doing probably a good 20+MPH more than I was. When I nailed it though I caught up pretty steady and walked passed him. When the momentum got back up it was top end...there was no comparison on top end. Once the t/c locked up it was bye-bye time.

I was still impressed with the mid-range of the truck. I don't know how the low end was because he was doing probably 50MPH when he passed me, but the mid range seemed okay, and then it was just a turd on top end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode