Raced a Dodge boy.. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bcarriveau, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 1093 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Raced a Dodge boy..

raced a cummins boy tonight, not sure what he had all done but it was a newer dodge. Smoked pretty good so i know it was on a tune, raced him like 3 times from a 40mph roll and smoked him bad. Thought this was are Competition?laugh Then i raced him once from the line, i gave him the advantage to do a boosted launch, by the time i hit 40 again i passed him at a very good pace. So i will claim this victory mine with my 2005 F250 PSD tuned by dj on this pass. :Thumbup:

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

100K miles on 4/7/2010
2005 F250 FX4 Supercab Shortbed
ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Kip
In the passing lane

sweet nice kill when will the dodge boys learn

2005 2500HD DIRTYMAX 6in lift, dual exhaust, afe airbox. Tuner soon to come

2001 PSD shortbed crewcab, ATS tranny edge juice w/attitude, Superchips programmer, Gauges, exhaust, 4inch lift w/35s, (SOLD)

Originally Posted by sledneck57
Your sweating like a queer holding a hot dog.lol.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 AM

My stock Dodge has smoked pretty good from day one, if you beat him that bad maybe he was stock. You should have pulled over and talked to him to find out what he was running. I mean that's what I do when I beat on a Ford just see what he is running etc. It's all in good fun.

06 Ram 2500,4X4 QC Laramie,
Not that stock Canadian club member #4
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfranks
My stock Dodge has smoked pretty good from day one, if you beat him that bad maybe he was stock. You should have pulled over and talked to him to find out what he was running. I mean that's what I do when I beat on a Ford just see what he is running etc. It's all in good fun.
He gave me the finger and left. i love talking to truck lovers :Thumbup: I have respect for anyone driving one as long as a well attitude is there. Its a good possibility but i seen a edge or something sitting up in the corner of the dash and did not look like a satellite radio. This new tune i just got from dj is something i have been dreaming of and really turned my truck around 360. What programers do you guys run anyways..?:shrug:

100K miles on 4/7/2010
ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 AM

nice kill:Thumbup:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 AM
TDG Mafia Member #56

Nice job. Do you have studs yet?

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
no but i probably should, I think im really pushing this thing hard on stockers but some just have the luck of holding up. I believe the gf bought me studs, fass and more but thats just me narrowing things down from asking a bought it. for my bday cummin up on Sunday so i will have to wait and see, then need to find a lift around here.. i used to manage a valvoline and now it not a valvoline any more, theres just a car parked in it and the lifts are still there, i need to see if i can find the guy that owns it and do some sweet talking to use it, wish i keeped my key lol. But when it is studed the timing can go up some:HappyMugs

100K miles on 4/7/2010
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
TDG Mafia Member #56

Some last a while but sooner or later they will pop pushing them like this.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
i agree, this new tune from dj hits soo hard at 2200 rpms 1/2 throttle i dont know what to do... push harder or let off. Will need to tone it town a bit till then, matt from spartan wrote me a very hott tune with ultra low timing just need to work with him on where and when it shifts and i think they will be 2 outstanding tunes. How many degree's or timing is safe on stockers? any one know?

100K miles on 4/7/2010
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarriveau
He gave me the finger and left. i love talking to truck lovers :Thumbup: I have respect for anyone driving one as long as a well attitude is there. Its a good possibility but i seen a edge or something sitting up in the corner of the dash and did not look like a satellite radio. This new tune i just got from dj is something i have been dreaming of and really turned my truck around 360. What programers do you guys run anyways..?:shrug:
The edge is ok it's the "safest" box for the cummins because it only adds timing and it has all of the defuel presets built in. The guys running the predater/puck combo or the Bully dog are getting pretty good results anywhere between 430and 450hp on the dyno. The smarty is what I use and from what I have heard probably the most aggressive out there. With the new smarty beta software they are getting 4000rpm out of the cummins,without upgraded springs and with stock head studs.

06 Ram 2500,4X4 QC Laramie,
Not that stock Canadian club member #4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode