Got my Edge Back, I missed it - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Fantom3993, this thread has received 29 replies and been viewed 2333 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Got my Edge Back, I missed it

So a couple of weeks ago I sold my edge for $375 to a buddy who just got an '05 F250. On Sunday he decided he was going to do a huge burnout in a parking lot. So he's powerbraking it and a few people are standing around watching
Everything's going well, until he starts heading for a sign pole. The truck hooks up, and he takes off right toward the pole, she tries to swerve but side-swipes it. Basically smashing in the front passenger side of the truck. (It's still drivable). So of course he blames me for selling him the edge lol and wanted me to buy it back. So I did, for $225...I mean, hell it's used and came out of a wrecked truck and didn't even include the pyro. He actually went for it so yeah, he got

So now to my story. My buddy's riding with me today I took him to see about getting a new headlight. We're running down the road and pull up next to a focus SVT, it was so cute lol. My buddy looks over at the car at the stoplight and the driver starts revving it and we're cracking up laughing. So I tell my buddy to pay attention. I turn the edge to it's lowest setting (stock) and boost the truck. The light changes and I get the jump on the monster focus. I stayed ahead for the whole time. The guy in the focus catches us at the light and my buddy rolls down the window. The guy in the focus says "don't act like you did something, I missed 3rd" alright buddy, we'll go again. So this time I turn the box up to 5. Barely start to boost before we get green. We just completely ran away from that little focus. Slow down, drop all the windows and crank up the (Aaron, you'll love this) Tom Jones. "Delilah" is blasting, David's got he face in his hands laughing so hard tears are streaming down his cheeks. The guy in the focus, catches up and just lays on the horn as he does a flyby, flipping us off. Spoiled sport!!

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 05:08 PM

Good, story...I have them flyby ricers...makes me mad...just admit your POS is slow..hahahah..good kill

1999 24v ext cab quad cab long bed Laramie 4x4 : 155k miles, straight piped, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, "Dr Evil" trans rated for 800hp with 2500 stall gear driven TC, airdog 100, 2" leveling kit 33" mastercrafts.

Avatar is before I bought it of course. new pic coming soon

SOLD: 2006 F250 6.0 EXT CAB SBSCT by DFUSER,INNOVATIVE,: 2003 turbo :4inch cool duals and 6inch tips: HP Intake elbow: ARP STUDS: Diprocol Boost, Pyro, Trans, Fuel Pressure guage in quad pod: Isspro EOT guage in dash bezel: HID 6000k Headlights:305/40r22 on ProComp Extreme black and aluminum wheels: 2008 Mirrors,Tailgate, taillights and bumper: Sir Michaels Roll Pan: Billet fuel and Oil Caps:Billet grille: Billet tow hooks:Kenwood Double Din: Acetoned badges:

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 PM

haha great story. sorry to hear about your friends misfortune though

2008 F250 CC SB - It all wont fit in the sig so why bother?

Singles Club #222
December 2008 TOTM
Riding High Club #2
2008 Truck of the Year
Ridin' Dirty Club #2

Big Thanks to:
Smokin' Guns Peformance and Accessories - Smokingunsperf.com
Throttle Junkie Performance Parts - tjpparts.com
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 PM

Garage
they always "miss 3rd" if they lose... Be funny if the car was an auto and he said that!
I like the stategy behind the story!

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Nice KILL!!! LMAO that happened to me going up a 4% or 5% grade the other day. The freeway goes from a three to a four lane as soon as you hit the bottom of the grade so the truckers and slower cars can move to the right. Anyways I was running late so I was cutting in and out of traffic trying to get into position when I look in my rear view mirror this little white Nissan something IDK what it was but it looked cute also all with blacked out tint and lowered you know the basic rice burner style crap that's out. So He was tailing me trying to do what I was setting up for, so when the spare lane comes up he cuts to the left then I get on it so this puff of soot comes out so I take my place in the lane which is ahead of course, hehehehehe....so at the top I let off to about 85 or so then he comes to my side saying I'm number one!!! LMAO I don't understand why these guys get so upset when we spank there arses

2008 FX4 MotoBlue Exhaust, DPF/DOC delete pipe, S&B Intake, SCT tuner with Extreme Tune. Running 1.30 OR tune.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 PM
off to another home

Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,112 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SSpeeDEMONSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chags View Post
Nice KILL!!! LMAO that happened to me going up a 4% or 5% grade the other day. The freeway goes from a three to a four lane as soon as you hit the bottom of the grade so the truckers and slower cars can move to the right. Anyways I was running late so I was cutting in and out of traffic trying to get into position when I look in my rear view mirror this little white Nissan something IDK what it was but it looked cute also all with blacked out tint and lowered you know the basic rice burner style crap that's out. So He was tailing me trying to do what I was setting up for, so when the spare lane comes up he cuts to the left then I get on it so this puff of soot comes out so I take my place in the lane which is ahead of course, hehehehehe....so at the top I let off to about 85 or so then he comes to my side saying I'm number one!!! LMAO I don't understand why these guys get so upset when we spank there arses
thats just how they say hi.

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!
oh well, i have a map to the darkside

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I like beer.

Send a message via AIM to NukleusX Send a message via Yahoo to NukleusX
John, it seems everyone you beat flips you off... you got like a sign that says "you just got spanked by a big ol truck, now flip me the bird" ?

Jeremy
94 Ram 2500 4x4 RCLB.
Power: BHAF, 4" exhaust, S300G, 15.5*, 100 plate, 90 hp sticks, 191 dvs, Mike L. trans. more when i remember.
Appearance: 1 pc headlights, HIDs, 4.5" lift, flippy mirrors (up), not so chrome 6" silverline exhaust tip, not so fancy aftermarket wheels
American Club #33
Singles Club #74
TDG Mafia #111

http://www.socaldieseltrucks.com
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 PM
off to another home

Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,112 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SSpeeDEMONSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukleusX View Post
John, it seems everyone you beat flips you off... you got like a sign that says "you just got spanked by a big ol truck, now flip me the bird" ?
haha, jeremy, remember when we were headed to trabuco and that gasser revved on you? haha, im surprised he didnt hear me and anna laughing our ***** off and then flip you off.

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!
oh well, i have a map to the darkside

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
The Guy Mom Warned About
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukleusX View Post
Ya know...it could be the music makes them hostile

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I like beer.

Send a message via AIM to NukleusX Send a message via Yahoo to NukleusX
that was funny.... sitting in a chevy half ton gasser, with probably 8 inches of lift, on some 35s or something.... and i look over and its some kid or something... and i rev my truck cause Garrett is behind me... and then all the sudden i barely hear what sounds like a lawnmower on crack... i started cracking up and then i revved just a little again, and the kid revved back all hard...

well funny part was, he was in a left turn lane and i wasnt... if he had been going straight, he would have had 2 diesels stomping him out.

Jeremy
94 Ram 2500 4x4 RCLB.
Power: BHAF, 4" exhaust, S300G, 15.5*, 100 plate, 90 hp sticks, 191 dvs, Mike L. trans. more when i remember.
Appearance: 1 pc headlights, HIDs, 4.5" lift, flippy mirrors (up), not so chrome 6" silverline exhaust tip, not so fancy aftermarket wheels
American Club #33
Singles Club #74
TDG Mafia #111

http://www.socaldieseltrucks.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode