Runinng a mustang - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dfranks, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 636 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Runinng a mustang

First off, this isn't a kill. Just having some fun.

Tonight, my wife and I are heading to the store to get some goodies and while on the way there I notice in my rearview a really nice looking 02,03+ mustang workin his way through traffic and then blow by us on the inside of us. Well I go around the slow poke on the inside lane in fornt of me and lo behold who do I see stopping at a red light. So I pull to a stop and say to my wife "do you want to have some fun" I look over at the drive and he looks to be in his 20's and he dosn't know I am planning anything cause I am not revving I am just waiting for the light to change. After what seems like forever the light finally changes and the mustang starts off in a quck roll and I match him, than he gives more pedal and continue to stay right with him by this time we are probably doing 30+ and he decides to floor it and start spinning and I do the same and I spin for a sec and start to pull ahead about 4-5' and he stays with me untill about 60, and I let off the gas and he takes off with a really cranky look on his face.
My wife was laughing her self silly and she kept saying he dosn't look happy at all. Like I said not a kill but havin some fun with the smarty on SW#1 with mild torque. And yes I know if he knew we were racing and he had a chance to set his car up (rev etc) he would have beat me like nothing. Now he goes away with a new found respect for a 4X4 diesel pickup.......

06 Ram 2500,4X4 QC Laramie,
Not that stock Canadian club member #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
nice work. people will learn yet

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins
nice work. people will learn yet
NO people need to learn to STOP RACING ON THE STREET AND TAKE IT TO THE TRACK............................. IT makes me so damn mad to see people racing on public streets and not only putting their own life at danger, but some one who has no ambition to die in a car accident do to racers. :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM:
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpanages
NO people need to learn to STOP RACING ON THE STREET AND TAKE IT TO THE TRACK............................. IT makes me so damn mad to see people racing on public streets and not only putting their own life at danger, but some one who has no ambition to die in a car accident do to racers. :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM:

Got it!

06 Ram 2500,4X4 QC Laramie,
Not that stock Canadian club member #4
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 AM
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Then why read in the ROAD KILL section? What were you expecting to see..... "I hit a possum"?

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom3993
Then why read in the ROAD KILL section? What were you expecting to see..... "I hit a possum"?
I think theres a difference between people actually doing full blown races and someone who rolls slightly above the speed limit. Besides I've seen the police doing far more endangerment than what he did.:RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM:

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 AM
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Honestly, a little stoplight run to 70 or 80 is bad but isn't that big of a deal. Now when you're doing 100+ on a crowded street then it's a dangerous situation. I haven't read any stories here where I THOUGHT anyone would have been endangered. Do you drive in the rain and snow? Your truck could spin out, hit someone and kill them....wrap your mind around that

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
yea really, ive put a few little ricers in their place when ive ran right beside them and passed them and then stopped accellerating when i was at the speed limit, as far as i can see it im not breaking a law, just trying to acheive the limited speed as fast as possible:Thumbup: ocasionaly i forget myself and find im going a little faster and i should, i throw on the breaks asap, just havin a bit o' fun! lol

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode