Modded Stroker Looseing to 07 Duracrap - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Strokin40s, this thread has received 63 replies and been viewed 3234 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Modded Stroker Looseing to 07 Duracrap

Im pretty pissed i just lost to a 2007 duramax that had a few things like a crazzy larry 150hp chip.

I have a Garret powermax ball bearing turbo,Edge Juice, AFEII intake, 5" exaust, shift kit,and a few other things. I have 40" muddin tires with a 8.5
"lift

I kicked his *** from 0-60 but he started getting closer in my mirror around 70 and passed me around 75...

I think theres a few reasons why he caught up and im wondering what you guys think.
-1. he has a 6speed auto and i have a 4speed auto (wich i raced with no overdrive the whole race dont know if i should have turned it on when he was catching up)
-2. I have a stock wastegate and a turbo rated for 40-45lbs of boost and i was only getting about 25lbs of boost because of that stock wastegate.
-3. I only got a 75hp chip and wonder if i stacked a edge evo or a superchips if i would have won...

All i know is i will never be able to work another day without people coming up and giving me **** all day till i beat this guy. ive never lost to anyone but ived only raced to around 70 before this

any advice to kill this pice of ****?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Lets see... what year is your truck... I am assuming it is a 7.3 at least..

gears, different chip (dp tuner), turbo master wastegate controller, map sensor fooler...

then the spendy items.. injectors, tranny upgrades (valve body or torque converter), fuel system, headstuds, the list can go on....

but then again you could do all that and still lose...

But the 40" tires are not going to help you much either...

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Its a 2002 7.3L
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 AM

Your suprized you lost to a duramax??? Hello micfly... there rated at more horsepower stock then you are putting to the ground now... Then you add what ever boxes he had...

If you want to hang with him (note I did not say beat him) then a set of stage 2 or hybrid injectors, Good tunes from Jody at DP or Tadd at Elite, you might be able to hang with him... But in short order you will need a built tranny, then Rods and then Studs...

I have seen Duramaxes with stacked boxes put down 600hp... With nothing done under the VC...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 AM

well they are quick i have a 01 powerstoke race me and i hvae a lly duramax he had me off the line becasue of turbo lag . but i smoke him after we got going they are quick on top end
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Your suprized you lost to a duramax??? Hello micfly... there rated at more horsepower stock then you are putting to the ground now... Then you add what ever boxes he had...

If you want to hang with him (note I did not say beat him) then a set of stage 2 or hybrid injectors, Good tunes from Jody at DP or Tadd at Elite, you might be able to hang with him... But in short order you will need a built tranny, then Rods and then Studs...

I have seen Duramaxes with stacked boxes put down 600hp... With nothing done under the VC...

vc? if they were running 600 they had to have nos or bigger turbo
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Nasty Girl

Send a message via MSN to Nasty Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdcummins
vc? if they were running 600 they had to have nos or bigger turbo
vc- Valve Cover

2003/2500HD CREW CAB SILVERADO
Maximized Performance Big Bad Twins, Dual CP3's and 5" dual exhaust with 5"downpipe.
1036 RWHP Dunbar Dyno Approved!
Worlds Most Powerful Duramax
Maximized Performance SoCal Diesel Stuff Ridge Runner Diesel Performance Inglewood Transmission Service DPR
Nasty Shine....1000 proof!
Member #1 of the 1000 RWHP Duramax club on #2 only!
TDG TOTM Winner for March/07 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/mar07.htm

Smoked Goat It's Whats For Dinner!!!
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:39 AM

I only have one thing to say DONT RACE DURAMAXES!!!!!!!!! Ive never beaten one or even seen anybody beat one they are quick as crap.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokin40s
Im pretty pissed i just lost to a 2007 duramax that had a few things like a crazzy larry 150hp chip.

I have a Garret powermax ball bearing turbo,Edge Juice, AFEII intake, 5" exaust, shift kit,and a few other things. I have 40" muddin tires with a 8.5
"lift

I kicked his *** from 0-60 but he started getting closer in my mirror around 70 and passed me around 75...

I think theres a few reasons why he caught up and im wondering what you guys think.
-1. he has a 6speed auto and i have a 4speed auto (wich i raced with no overdrive the whole race dont know if i should have turned it on when he was catching up)
-2. I have a stock wastegate and a turbo rated for 40-45lbs of boost and i was only getting about 25lbs of boost because of that stock wastegate.
-3. I only got a 75hp chip and wonder if i stacked a edge evo or a superchips if i would have won...

All i know is i will never be able to work another day without people coming up and giving me **** all day till i beat this guy. ive never lost to anyone but ived only raced to around 70 before this

any advice to kill this pice of ****?
Its going to take close to 20g's to beat that dmax. Why? Because your engine ahs PMR's- Powerdered Metal Rods and they will hold maybe 350-400 before they break. On top of an engine build, your going to need trans, turbo, injectors, fuel system, tuning........... the list goes on.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecline
Its going to take close to 20g's to beat that dmax. Why? Because your engine ahs PMR's- Powerdered Metal Rods and they will hold maybe 350-400 before they break. On top of an engine build, your going to need trans, turbo, injectors, fuel system, tuning........... the list goes on.

i dont know about $20,000 to beat it but you are looking at a chip, turbo, big oil and injectors and even then hope to god the guy you race cant drive and aint put anything but a superchips on his truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode