Not really a kill, but first test drive after FTVB - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by FordRacing200, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 606 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Powered By Ford

Not really a kill, but first test drive after FTVB

So I Put a FTVB in my truck, and my truck used to shift at 3900 (yeah, i know, wtf its not a diesel) and with 3.55s it killed it in 3-4th gear from a roll, but from a stop it'd roar through 1-2-3, well I put he ftvb in, and I pull out in front of the house, rolling it shifts to 2nd and i feel the familiar slam my brothers truck has, and I put it to the floor, the motor screams open, the torque roaring and it drops back to first, and to my suprise it held 1st till 4400 rpm, and shifted at 43mph, boooom, wahhhhhhh through 2nd boom 3rd at 73mph, and the speedo swung right down and laid on the peg, then it slammed into 4th, the door was shaking, the bfg's making all sorts of noise, tearing down the road, it made a HUGE difference, the truck from a roll before used to not downshift and it kind of sucked with 3.55s, so after I let off and turned around I put it on the floor at lke 65 and it dropped two gears and completely suprised me when the speedo needle just whizzed right down and laid on the odometer peg, definitly a awesome mod. Bad news is, I used almost 1/4 tank of gas in 8 miles :shrug:

04 Silverado 2500HD LB7/Allison, EFI live by duramaxtuner.com with DSP5, 4" MBRP turbo back straight pipe, polished 5" tip, 5% tint, riding on 285 fierce attitudes, many more mods....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode