Smoked a EX tonight. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BigBlue, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 635 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Window Licker

Smoked a EX tonight.

Went to the drag strip tonight to see what the girl can do. There was this EX out there w/ no front bumper. Pulled up to the staging lights and got the girl ready. He got ready too. Light goes green we both hammer down. I left him all the way to the finish. Got back over to the pits and rolled down the window he pulled up next to me. I said man John (JohnBoyII) this thing will run. He said you sorry dog you beat me. Sorry John I had to : w/ you on this one. Hope you can get the EX dialed in. She was running good for what you got so far.

Ran againest a old timer in a Buick Skylark GS. Had him beat till the defuel kicked in. Was only .2 seconds behind him. Later on he was that it was a diesel and I was hanging w/ him when we were talking. He couldn't believe we could do that with a diesel. I showed my respects to his car cause it was nice. He showed respect to the truck cause it was a diesel 4x4 and I could hang w/ him.

Ran againest a Lightening too. Was w/ him neck and neck but I set my defuel to 1500F and she broke loose about half way down the track. He still would have beat me but by not as much if the girl hadn't broke loose.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Obviously Intuitive !

You done GOOD BB !

Good to meet you....

As soon as I heard u hit the throttle and heard that turbo whine I knew I was in trouble with that great 03 turbo sound ringing in my ears !!!!

Not one time would I have beat you, although we both beat a lot of others

Gotta give props to the Bully Dog - it DEFINETLY works on your 03 !!!

good time was had by all !!!

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Window Licker
Threadstarter

It was good to me you finally. Now I got a face to the name. I'm still impressed that I hung with that old man in that Buick. We talked for a good bit cause he couldn't believe that truck was doing that. Cris w/ Cyclone Diesel (dealer advertising plug) hooked me up right w/ The Bully Dog product. Now that I have this new job w/ a company vehicle I can get that Suncoast Tranny and some other really go fast parts too that I want. Also bad Idea on the defuel set at 1500F. She broke loose at halfway on the track and I had to let out a little bit then get back into her. Still ran a 9.6 but it would have proably been another 8.9 againest that Lightening that did a 8.5. Sticker tires is what I need. I hung w/ him good till she broke loose then it was all over. issed: Oh well still impressed alot of folks tonight didn't we? :Thumbup:

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode