1st Kill - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by FireRescuePSD, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 779 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
AKA - FFpsd

1st Kill

Well I guess you could call it a kill. I work across the street from the local drag strip and Weds is test and tune, so you get alot of rice burners. I get off work at 11pm and thats about the same time the track starts to close. Where my works road meets the Hwy there is a stop light. I was turning right and there is about a 1/2 mile merge lane and then it goes to just 2 lanes. At the light there was a WRX-STI and a modded looking Audi TT roadster. I turned the same time the light went green and they started racing eachother. :93C_peelo I decided to try to beat them before the merge lane ended. I took a big lead on both of them but by the end of the merge lane the WRX was coming up fast. I looked down and I was pegged at 100mph so I have no clue how fast I was actually going. Well the WRX finally beat me but I never did see the Audi. If it was 1/4 mile race I think I would be close with that WRX-STI.

-Jason

2005 F250 C/C Short Bed
FX4..Lariat..Black W/Tan Interior
SCT Xcal2 W/Cutsom Tunes**Zoodad Mod**285/70R17 BFG A/T's on Stockers
The Diesel Garage

Can You Keep Up???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM

nice job jay those WRX's can be wicked man, so even if you did loose, you still gave him a run for his money and thats a feat in its own

Dom
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
A guy at our office has one of those WRX's...it's quick...I ran him and beat him, but he was coming up pretty hard toward the end of the 1/4...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
AKA - FFpsd
Threadstarter

Ya I don't think I can hang with the WRX's yettttttt. But that Audi TT didn't have a chance. The Audi with that Quatro setup did have the WRX off the line but those WRX's must have a strong top end.

-Jason

2005 F250 C/C Short Bed
FX4..Lariat..Black W/Tan Interior
SCT Xcal2 W/Cutsom Tunes**Zoodad Mod**285/70R17 BFG A/T's on Stockers
The Diesel Garage

Can You Keep Up???

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Diesel Pro

nice one.

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 12:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
You can get set-up to take it in the 1/4, but after that your toast. I know how that goes though. Seems like every time I get a street race the little sucker keeps going past the 1/4 and passes me up, and then tries to say they won...

I raced a dude in a turbo charged Eclipse on the way home from work one day. He also had NOS and both weren't enough to keep up in the 1/4, but just about the time we made it past a 1/4 mile he crept right by me, and he claimed it as a win...I say bull!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode