The Diesel Garage banner

6.4 bit the dust vs 6.7!!!!!!!!!!

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  rocweiller 
#1 ·
Well we had a good last night was down in Ft. Collins and we cruising around after doing my egr cooler delete im wit my buddy in his sweet compunded 6.7 then these guys driving 2 diff 6.4 powerstrokes tuned wit SCT cause you cant miss that huge blue screen start bumping there gums...so we agree on the race then we proceed to undisclosed location basically where if we splatter are brains no one will find us. The first truck 2008 CC LB 4x4 wit sct,exhaust,cai,nos but the bottle wasnt hooked up we did 4 runs wit him first one he won cause my buddy left wit no boost lol big mistake but the next 3 runs he leaves wit 6-8psi and lets just say that that ford has to make to up bout 6-7 truck lengths in the quarter. The we ran his buddys 2009 RC LB 4x4 auto as well it was a better race it was neck and neck for around the 1/8 then the cummins started walking away! I give credit due to them they quick but not quick enough i mean they running somewhere around 550-600hp correct??? and my buddy is making somewhere at 650-700hp and he is a manual so it was pretty close match IMO oh both guys said they were running Erics files from innovative...But anyways 6.7 came out on top of the 6.4 on the street hands down no if ands or buts :rock:rock:rock

#2 ·
I guess your buddy in the 6.7 has fuel upgrades and everything? Shoulda taken some vids would been cool. Is his truck CC SB?

I'm hopin to delete my egr here pretty soon.

#3 ·
Ya its QC SB he doese have fuel upgrades but not enough he was onlyrunning a 120tune he needs dual cp3 to run the 175 or 225. The only reason we did it was cause they were talking smack.

#6 ·
The reg cab is the one that actually gave us a run for our money he was real quick stock base model fast little ****

#7 ·
So i get a phone call last night in reguards to the whooping that we gave out and its my buddy his HG is gone and was gone during the races LOL!!! Oh well time to port/polish and springs and check everything out truck has 35k on it oh and it was studded but she didnt hold..

#9 ·
Wat doesnt sound right a near 600hp 6.4 getting beat by atleast a 650-700hp 6.7???? Nope wasnt luck either his head gasket is shot and he was still pushing 60psi of boost thats called power

#11 ·
Gotcha:happymugs

#12 ·
What you have to look at here is dollar for dollar who comes out on top? Anybody can throw 10K on a truck and smoke any truck they want. But if you were to take both trucks and spend only a few thousand dollars, who would come out on top. Not saying that the d-max would lose but most of these races have come down to how much more money has been spent on a ride. I know i know it was a street race and 6.4s were talkin smack. I'm just saying is all. And do you know if the 6.4s boosted? I boosted at 20 psi and 4hi and smoked a GT 500 in the quarter. Now had the guy been a better driver he could have beat me but he didn't. Once again not saying that the d-max would have lost. Just asking if the ford guys boosted or if they just power breaked it. Did your buddy launch in 4hi 4lo, whats the details

#14 ·
What you have to look at here is dollar for dollar who comes out on top? Anybody can throw 10K on a truck and smoke any truck they want. But if you were to take both trucks and spend only a few thousand dollars, who would come out on top. Not saying that the d-max would lose but most of these races have come down to how much more money has been spent on a ride. I know i know it was a street race and 6.4s were talkin smack. I'm just saying is all. And do you know if the 6.4s boosted? I boosted at 20 psi and 4hi and smoked a GT 500 in the quarter. Now had the guy been a better driver he could have beat me but he didn't. Once again not saying that the d-max would have lost. Just asking if the ford guys boosted or if they just power breaked it. Did your buddy launch in 4hi 4lo, whats the details
Pretty sure he was talkin about a 6.7L cummins not a duramax :thumbsup

I have to agree, most races are won or lost on driver skill, you could have a bugatti veyron race a ford pinto, if the guy in the veyron cant figure out how to drive it the pinto can easily win... well maybe not LOL but you get the idea LOL :haha

#13 ·
No he boosted to what i dont know. My buddy blaunched the manual to only 6-8psi its not like we were ahead of them the entire time but once we hit 4th gear we was in front by half truck and kept gaining the one truck had nitrous but said he didnt wanna use it we said ok honestly if he would have used it he might of had the lead a little bit longer not much.

#16 ·
Well it happens time to time. Racing a manual lets you and everyone else know how good you can drive you race an auto you not doing the work

#17 ·
Pretty sure he was talkin about a 6.7L cummins not a duramax
Thanks, don't know what I was thinking.:damnit
He must of had transmission upgrades too. You know them dodges cant hold up in the tranny departmentLOL. Atleast as far as the automatics go. Manuals are a lot better though.

#18 ·
If you ask my buddy lol they need a spartan not sct on the 6.4.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.