It's giveaway time again... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 4cstr, this thread has received 35 replies and been viewed 3224 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
4cstr

Thumbs up It's giveaway time again...

As spring makes a welcome return for many of us...our thoughts turn toward one thing. Its time to get the truck into shape for summer. Whether it be pulling the camper, the boat, the weight sled or just cruising around...spring is usually time to think about changing out the fluids. This is where Don Stefanik from Southern Ontario Synthetics comes in. Don is supplying the goodies for our next giveaway. The winner of this giveaway will receive enough Amsoil product for a complete fluid change front to rear. This includes the diffs, transfer case, engine oil and tranny. 6.0L Ford guys...a word of note. Amsoil is still working on the Mercon SP fluid...so you may have to take a rain check for the tranny fluid until it comes to market.

So...what do you need to do to win this? Why...simply answer the following questions about Amsoil. You can find all the answers on Dons page SOSLube.com. You have until April 18th to PM me with your answers. All the correct entries will be thrown into a hat...with the winner drawn on the 19th.

Here are the questions:

#1 Who is "The First in Synthetics" ?

#2 What is the full name of the founder of AMSOIL?

#3 Why was one of Don's customers Bob Boyd, New Life Mills ( Customers Comments) "Tickled Pink" and how many miles did they have on the original fill of AMSOIL 15w40?

#4 Why are AMSOIL Motor Oils capable of extended drain intervals?

#5 What types of synthetic base oil fluids does AMSOIL use?

#6 What year did AMSOIL introduce their Series 3000 5W30 Heady Duty Diesel oil?

#7 What is the, "Kinematic Viscosity @ 100C, cSt (ASTM D-445) " of the AME 15W40 Diesel oil?

#8 What is the "Severe Service(4) " of the AME 15W40 Diesel oil in "Personal Light Truck Diesel's" ?

#9 Al started development of his synthetic oil back in the 1960's. In 1966 his first 100% synthetic motor oil was tested in who's brand new 1966 Ford Station Wagon ?

#10 Most other oil companies that sell synthetic oil's are Group III (hydroisomerized )
What group types does AMSOIL sell?

Good luck and happy hunting. Be sure to take your time to get them right. Again...many thanks go out to Don for supplying oil for this giveaway. :Thumbup:

TDG Admin and Mods...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Super limo owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Limo
sounds like a good deal

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

Everyone dies but not everyone lives

AKA COOLUA Got A NEW NAME!

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 PM

tick...tick..tick.....time is going by guys......I'm wondering if anyone is close to having the answers.: : :shrug: :roflmao:
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:37 PM

Holy crap, I started to look, got to #4 and said to heck with it. Great site though. Great give away, but wow, that felt like I was doing my MAS research project again!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 05:10 PM

You just have too look in the right places..........remember you link from my site to the AMSOIL site as well.......they are just frequent questions asked.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Got mine in. Wow, that took over 1 1/2 hours.

I hope I at least get a passing grade?
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
4cstr

The giveaway has been tweaked just a bit folks. We were getting some complaints that I made the questions just a bit too hard. After talking it over with Don, he has agreed to make a slight change to the giveaway.

1. The giveaway has been extended for another week. So now it lasts until the 25th. I will draw names on the 26th.

2. Thats right..you read names...as in plural. We are going to have first and second places. First place is still the full Amsoil fluid change. And you have to answer all 10 questions correctly.

For second place however...you need only answer 6 of the 10 correctly. The winner of second place will get a case of Amsoil Engine oil.

So its up to you what giveaway you wish to be in..the full fluid change or the case of engine oil. When you PM me the answers...let me know which you are trying for.

Big Thanks once again go out to Don at Southern Ontario Synthetics for making this giveaway a bit more interesting.

Dave
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 AM
MAFIA #8

Garage
I don't know if I got them all right but it only took me about 20-30mins to find all of them, I didn't think it was all that bad.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Finger Lickin GOOD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
I don't know if I got them all right but it only took me about 20-30mins to find all of them, I didn't think it was all that bad.
Your such a brainiac :umno: :HappyMugs You cheated didnt you :

IF IT AINT SMOKIN' IT MUST BE BROKEN!!
2001 F-350 CC,Lwb,2wd, Police Interceptor Pkg, TS Performance Enhanced.

If you only new the truth.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:22 AM
MAFIA #8

Garage
they were just easy:umno:, i just know the best way to search for the stuff, plus I am very use to there site since I use AMSOIL already and look on there site often...:Thumbup:

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode