September Give-Away! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fordt, this thread has received 27 replies and been viewed 3425 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
fordt

Exclamation September Give-Away!

The Diesel Garage Membership Drive.

Yeah we know...it sounds like the beginning to a car sale...but truth be told...this is better. We want to give you money...well ok...gift certificates...just for helping our site grow!

So...whats on the line. We will be giving away 3 gift certificates...$100, $50 and $25. And you get to choose from either Red Lobster, O'Charleys, Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel or Applebees. Your choice. Along with this...first place will also get 100k points, second 50k points and third 25k points.

So what do you have to do to get entered into this delicious giveaway. Glad you asked. To first qualify...you have to have a minimum of 5 referrals. You don't get 5 referrals...you don't stand a chance. Then...after all the qualifiers are looked at, he or she with the most referrals wins. Pretty simple huh.

There are some rules.
1. The new person has to make two posts to qualify. One post in the introductions forum, and another post in the technical forums. And it needs to be of substance. We don't want 20 "How do I change my oil" questions. Or it can be a helpful answer to an already asked question. It boils down to wanting them to become part of the TDG family. Oh...their signature needs to be filled out as well with at least one picture of the truck in their gallery.

2. Invite your friends. If we discover you "spamming" other sites just to get referrals...you will be booted out of the contest, mocked at great length and be forced to drive a Toyota Prius for a week.

3. We can and will track IP addresses. This means if we catch you signing up with multiple user names...you will be booted from the contest and temporarily banned from the site for 10 days.

4. You need to make sure that the new members you have refferred include your screen name in the referrer field upon registration. The best way is to use the invite link in your USER CP :Thumbup:

This contest will run now through September 30th....with winners announced the first week in October.

So...get out there and begin getting your friends, family and neighbors who drive Diesels on the site. Promise them you'll take them to dinner if you win. :Thumbup:

Thanks
TDG Staff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:12 PM

gosh darn referrals, thats what stinks about being 13 nobody else my age is into diesels, so i can't get any referrals.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
fordt

Tell your Dad to tell his Diesel Buddies, and to put you down for a referral. :Thumbup:
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:27 PM

yeah if my dad knew half as much as i know about diesels

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
yo bro your 13, u said there was no one in your age group. Im 15, looks like there are more people that are about my age on here. Never knew that

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

OK to set the record Strait I refered some guys on FTW and it was a Halfway spam but i didnt know this contest was going on till just now

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Bonehead Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Shady'sBigRedPowerstoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins
yo bro your 13, u said there was no one in your age group. Im 15, looks like there are more people that are about my age on here. Never knew that
Well im glad to see that im not the only young gun on this site. Rock on teens!! on: on:

My Truck:
96' F-250 Extended Cab, Psd

Mods:Tymar style intake, Soon to come is a 5" Exhaust and Gauges

Other Toys

Racecar:Supermodified, Malloy Chassis, 600 Horsepower 355, Alcohol Injected

"The Bigger the chip the louder they bawl"
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 AM

I'm 20....

I should have 2 referrals in short order.

Question for Fordt:

Do we have a page we can print out, to put under truck owner's windshields? If not.. I'll make a few
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:26 AM

Here's what I came up with in the time since my last post.:deal: :deal:

Fordt, is this ok for me to use to get people's attention? I.e. place it under windshield wiper.

If Fordt approves it, other users, feel free to expand upon it, and edit it(you would of course want to edit "Info you should know:")

Font used is Bazooka.

Do not save as a .jpg, as it is pixelated when you print it. Save as a .bmp or a .png

Btw, it is off center for a reason, when printed, you slice off the extra paper on the right and you get a square sheet (on 8.5x11 paper)
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
fordt

I think that is a GREAT IDEA! :Thumbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode