Video Contest Ending October 20th - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NMU98, this thread has received 33 replies and been viewed 3595 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Video Contest Ending October 20th

The Diesel Garage is proud to anounce our next give away of a $150.00 gift certificate. You will be able to choose the vendor of your choice...Biava Performance, ITP Diesel, Diesel Performance Parts, DP Tuner, and Merchant Automotive.

Our vendors carry a wide variety of high performance parts and upgrades for all diesel vehicles.

To win you must be a member of our site.

To get in the drawing you must upload a video to our site video.thedieselgarage.com You can upload as many Videos as you want, but you must choose your best video and post it in the sticky thread in the video section called Video Contest Links. Each member can only submit 1 video to be put in a poll and voted on by the members.

You will have until October 14th to upload your video and place the link the the specified thread. We will then start a poll, and let the members decide the winner. The ending date on the poll will depend on the number of videos the members have to look at.

The video must be yours, it must be your vehicle in the video, and it must follow site rules. After that...anything goes...from carnage to pulling to dragging. If you think its cool...put it up! When you upload the video, you need to put your member name somewhere in the decription. The addy that is posted must be from our site. Videos from other sites will not be allowed.

Thanks for your help! We enjoy giving back to our members!

TDG Owners, Staff, and Suporting Vendors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM

Might as well hand it to UB, he is gonna win
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 10:16 PM

Why does it have to be your vehicle? That makes as much sense as giving an award to the flower vs. the photographer that took the picture of the flower.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

What if you take a vid of unbroken pulling.... and it wins... who gets the money...

really, we are trying to not have people steal videos and post them to win...

If you have a coolvid, of someone who is not on the net... let me know the circumstances... Im not hard to work with....

B
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU
What if you take a vid of unbroken pulling.... and it wins... who gets the money...

If you have a coolvid, of someone who is not on the net... let me know the circumstances... Im not hard to work with....

B
I say as long as I owned it all along tough cookies. Now if I pirate UB's video and claim it as mine he can obviously call BS to the identical video.

If I'm in the same parking lot as UB while he's doing his tricks and I manage to walk away with the better video why shouldn't I have the opportunity to win with mine?

Plus, if UB is driving he obviously isn't doing the filming so lets give the money to the cat that filmed it.

I can see what you are saying only if its not my video to begin with but if I shot the video I should get credit.

I type all of this in the most sincerest tone.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:07 PM

How did I get involved in all this?
I've been ay work all day.....

You can bet I'll have a video entered....I got plans already.......
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN
How did I get involved in all this?
I've been ay work all day.....

You can bet I'll have a video entered....I got plans already.......
I got tired of picking on Tim.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 PM

How can you get tired of that?..
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchBoost
I say as long as I owned it all along tough cookies. Now if I pirate UB's video and claim it as mine he can obviously call BS to the identical video.

If I'm in the same parking lot as UB while he's doing his tricks and I manage to walk away with the better video why shouldn't I have the opportunity to win with mine?

Plus, if UB is driving he obviously isn't doing the filming so lets give the money to the cat that filmed it.

I can see what you are saying only if its not my video to begin with but if I shot the video I should get credit.

I type all of this in the most sincerest tone.
Andy, I understand your concern. If this was a site that was about taking videos, and how to use cameras, I would say that your statement hold true. We are a truck site, and although presentation may help, our focus is on trucks. In order for this to be fair, and for us not to have issues with "stolen" video, I set those rules.

Your examples are not cases of stolen video, and as I said, please inform me of the circumstances anyone is working under, and I will include that in the contest. Again, you know that I am not hard to work with, but I have to put a line down somewhere.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from and have confidence that this contest will be fair to all members.

Brian:Thumbup:
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 AM
GET0NIT

Send a message via AIM to tunedportcj5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU

B
I own the rights to that video.. I took it.. It will be MY money!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I vote for the nut behind the wheel... I guess its up to the "nut" to share..

2005 F-350 CC FX4 **SOLD** =(
www.terratraction.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode