AFC Lever Arm, Torque Plate, How does it work? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by NickTF, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 862 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

AFC Lever Arm, Torque Plate, How does it work?

I'm trying to figure things out with the truck as it is only a week old to me. I'm going to grind the plate and slide the housing forward etc. to start out with but i've always been the kind of person who wants to know how it works. I'm assuming the AFC lever arm rides agains the surface of the torque plate? Since it seems from the pictures i've seen on the internet it starts at the bottom of the plate does it move up along the plate as you press down the accelertor pedal? Is that correct? Does grinding the plate allow the lever arm more travel towards the front of the truck which tells the p7100 pump to deliver more fuel? How does sliding the AFC housing affect this? Also, when sliding the AFC housing forward and grinding your stock plate to a zero plate does the AFC arm need to be re-adjusted? I'm assuming the farther the lever arm sits forward the more fuel is delivered to the motor?

Sorry for all the questions. This truck is very new to me and i'd like to really understand how everything works so I can full with it and actually know what i'm changing. :smoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode