BlendMount Edge Attitude Mounting Kit - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CBRJohn2000, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 984 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Never Listen to a Monkey!

Send a message via AIM to CBRJohn2000 Send a message via MSN to CBRJohn2000 Send a message via Yahoo to CBRJohn2000
BlendMount Edge Attitude Mounting Kit

Review of the BlendMount mounting kit for the Edge Attitude Module

I am writing this review to give others an idea of what this product really is. I am going to be as objective as possible about all aspects of the product, and will include pictures of the installation process.

Let me start with the first impressions of the product I received. I received the mount within 2 days of the date ordered, it came packaged securely and with no parts damaged. The kit includes the covers (front and back halves) for the attitude module, mounting plate for the module, three (3) different adapters to adjust height depending on your vehicle, a black piece of wire loom to hide the grey wire of the attitude and the actual mount to the mirror. Also included was the appropriate allen wrenches, and two (2) extra screws, which I thought was great….cause you all know how small screws just seem to disappear right when you need them.

The first picture you will see was the way I had my attitude mounted before, which was just with the plain mount included with the attitude module from Edge. Not really very attractive, although functional. I have been looking to reposition the attitude to a better location. Several choices are available like the following; Pillar mount, the upper cubby mount and several homemade options I have seen.

The pillar mounting, although well placed, is as unattractive and un-stealthy as the one from Edge (in my opinion anyway). I was defiantly looking for something which would hide the fact that I am using a tuner to the casual observer, and the pillar mount just isn’t it.

The homemade options, although I am confident work well for the individual who designed them, did not seem to fit my expectations, or ideas of what I was looking for.

The mounting setup which locates the attitude in the upper cubby was pretty close to what I was looking for in that it gave me the stealthy look I wanted however, it seemed to place it a little far back for my taste making me look in an unnatural manner to see what the gauges were reading. Also this mounting system takes the functionality of that cubby totally out of the picture.

With all this in mind now, then comes the BlendMount into the picture. For me this seemed, at least on the surface, to be my solution. This mount connects to the mirror, and puts the attitude between the mirror and the window/roof of the truck. This fit my ideas of what I wanted very well. Additionally there is a black plastic cover which encapsulates the attitude module, thus blending it in with the mirror, giving it the truly stealthy look. Also the placement puts the module right in line with the mirror, making it a more natural place for your eyes to go when you need to, not much different from looking in the rear view mirror (looking at the guy you just smoked out because he didn’t know you were running a tuner).

Now to the install process which was pretty strait forward. The instructions included with the kit explained the installation process well, and the pictures which are included do a great job of giving visual reference as you progress through the install process. My install time, including picture taking time, was less than 30 minutes, although I had read the installation instructions before I had even opened the door to the truck ( I know, who needs stinking instructions right).

The overall installation process is very strait forward and nothing specific to mention here except that some time should be taken to ensure you position the mount so that it clears the top of the mirror, and has the right angle for your liking. I re-adjusted it several time before I got the desired look. This process may require you to change the angle your mirror comes down from the window at, and re-adjusting your mirror, then the BlendMount.

The kit includes three (3) height adapters (2 - ¾” and 1 - ½”, probably better stated as spacers) which can give you a range of adjustment from ½” to a maximum of 2”, although I do not believe that anyone could ever use all of the spacers when mounting the module. As recommended in the instructions, I used the 2 - ¾” spacers to give me an overall 1½” adjustment in height, allowing the finished look to be as pictured.

Ok, so what is the end result, well the following pictures will give you how it looks completed. My overall impression is that, at least for me, the BlendMount answers all of my needs very well, and as of the date I am writing this review, I have been driving around with it for more than two weeks. I am extremely pleased with the fit and finish of the product. For me the location is optimal to fit the requirements I had for locating the attitude.

Now that I have talked it all up, I will also offer a couple of critiques. The covers which encapsulate the attitude module are made from fairly thick ABS plastic, which gives perfect protection and longevity however; I did find that accessing the control buttons for the attitude while driving took a little more concentration than before. Makes me wonder if maybe a bevel to the holes could make this process somewhat easier. Although, for the amount of times I need to make changes while driving it is a less than minor inconvenience compared to the benefits offered. The only other critique I have is that there is no adjustability to tilt of the mount. Again, this is a very minor point which is almost not worth mentioning.

There is also one long term concern I have, which is that will the added weight to the mirror eventually cause the mirror mount to the window fail??? I guess it’s no worse than all the crap some people hang from their mirrors. Again, maybe a minor point, but thought I would mention it for your consideration. It is not going to stop me from using this mounting system as it fits my expectations and ideas for placement of my attitude module so very well.

So there it is people, my thought on this exciting new product for those of us using the Edge Juice w/Attitude module looking for some way to mount it. I hope that should you decide to go this route, you will be as happy as I am with this product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090344.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	12662   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090345.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	12663   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090347.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	12664   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090351.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	12665   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090352.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	12666  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P9090354.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	12667  

John

2005 Dark Blue Metalic 2500HD LT CC/LB 2wd w Dual Alternators, RSEC, 06 Towing Mirrors, Snug Top Bed Cover,Edge Juice/Attitude, F/S, B/P, B/S, TxC CAI, TxC V2 w/fan, Mike L. Trans. Cooler, Suncoast 6spd Conversion Kit, Factory Style Lighted Running Boards, Tekonsha Sentinel 9055 Brake Controller. Michelin 265/75r16 LTX M/S tires. ......... Born On 02/05

2001 Saturn L200 (Wifes Daily Driver)
1977 Ideal Travel Trailer 7K+
1978 Wreidt Boat w/Berkley Jet SB 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Nice write-up and I like the design of the mount. Thanks for the info!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Never Listen to a Monkey!
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to CBRJohn2000 Send a message via MSN to CBRJohn2000 Send a message via Yahoo to CBRJohn2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda30
Nice write-up and I like the design of the mount. Thanks for the info!
Thanks, The more I use it the more I love it. Like they say for starting a new business....LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. This works very well for me.

John

2005 Dark Blue Metalic 2500HD LT CC/LB 2wd w Dual Alternators, RSEC, 06 Towing Mirrors, Snug Top Bed Cover,Edge Juice/Attitude, F/S, B/P, B/S, TxC CAI, TxC V2 w/fan, Mike L. Trans. Cooler, Suncoast 6spd Conversion Kit, Factory Style Lighted Running Boards, Tekonsha Sentinel 9055 Brake Controller. Michelin 265/75r16 LTX M/S tires. ......... Born On 02/05

2001 Saturn L200 (Wifes Daily Driver)
1977 Ideal Travel Trailer 7K+
1978 Wreidt Boat w/Berkley Jet SB 350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode