Okay boys... Lets See Your System... (I know some of you are audio nuts like myself) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigvick, this thread has received 22 replies and been viewed 2292 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Okay boys... Lets See Your System... (I know some of you are audio nuts like myself)

Now that Ive come to grips with the fact that my 6.7L will have to stay around for at least 3 years and or 36K miles at the very minimum, I went ahead and put my system in... Its nothing crazy, but with the extra room in the mega cab where the toolbox was, it made for a great/easy install.

Il get pics tomorrow when its light out, and show my box/amp rack etc...

Head Unit: Kenwood DDX8019
Front Speakers: MB Quart RVF216
Rear Speakers: MB Quart DKG116
Subs: Kicker S8L7 L7 x 2
Custom Ported Box (where the tool box used to be)
Amplifiers: Alpine MRV-F345 & Alpine MRV Alpine MRD Monoblock 1005

Most of the system came out of my old truck, so it was only the cost of install and the custom box... But due to the much larger cab, and the new box, It sounds SICK!!! The 8"s are absolutely amazing... I couldnt imagine the guys who put four 10"s in their trucks.. that would blow out the windshield.. !

Well guys lets see those pictures and descriptions...

Biggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Diesel Perv

My system gets the job done for now...sounds clear and very smooth. I will probably be going with a few upgrades before too long, but this keeps me satisfied for now. Eclipse head unit with JL Audio Coaxials in all four doors. JL Audio sub amp pushing a JL Audio Stealth Box (10") model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-Eclipse.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	13046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-JL.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	13047  

2018 Ford F250HD 6.7L
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 PM
TDG Single Club Member#14

Send a message via MSN to big_rooster
All i've done so far is 2 12W3V3's JL audio subs with a JL audio 500/1 amplifier. Still waiting for someone to make a dvd/nav unit that wont get stolen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 inch w3v3's.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	13049   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0064.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	13050  

2003 F-250 6.0 liter crew cab lariat 4x4 short bed, S&B intake, MBRP 4" turbo back straight piped jones, SCT livewire, : 2 jl audio 12W3V3's with jl audio 500/1, autometer sport comp gauges, 6.5 inch pro comp lift, 37x13.5 Super Swamper M16's
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z319/big_rooster69/
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBob
My system gets the job done for now...sounds clear and very smooth. I will probably be going with a few upgrades before too long, but this keeps me satisfied for now. Eclipse head unit with JL Audio Coaxials in all four doors. JL Audio sub amp pushing a JL Audio Stealth Box (10") model.

Very nice... I love Eclipse and JL Audio... I was bummed that my local dealer didnt carry JL, so I had to go with Kicker... Oh well, it sounds good and gets the job done with out spending $10,000 or anything crazy...

How does that stealth box sound???

Ive always thought about getting one of the stealth boxes, so when I realized the tool box came out it became the perfect place to build/hide the box/subs/amp.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_rooster
All i've done so far is 2 12W3V3's JL audio subs with a JL audio 500/1 amplifier. Still waiting for someone to make a dvd/nav unit that wont get stolen
12"s gotta POUND!!!

Very nice...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_rooster
12"s gotta POUND!!!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM

So far all i got is my Clarion dvd player and 1000w amp hooked up, kicker 12's i got wont fit anywhere so i guess i gotta try something else. (All this came out of my ford)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 AM

So what do you think the problem is with the stock system, I have the premium system (what ever that means) and it sounds muffled at best.

Does anyone know if it's the speakers or the stereo?

I don't want to change the stereo right now, I have the 6cd with the blue tooth phone integrated and i really like that feature.

Just wondering if changing the speakers would help?

DJ
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldej
So what do you think the problem is with the stock system, I have the premium system (what ever that means) and it sounds muffled at best.

Does anyone know if it's the speakers or the stereo?

I don't want to change the stereo right now, I have the 6cd with the blue tooth phone integrated and i really like that feature.

Just wondering if changing the speakers would help?

DJ
I think that upgrading the stock speakers could definately help... when your talking about stock speakers that are usually paper cones, they just cant reproduce the sound as well/clear/loud as some of the higher end speakers. Also I know that the doors in the front with the infinity system (which I had) were 6x9's and the rear were 6"s... So I took them both out and added co-axials in the rear and 6.5 w/1" domes in the front. It sounds CRAZY good and could be a good way to upgrade yours too.

I had the 6 disc with infinity, but no blue tooth... it sounded good, but when your doing 75mph down the freeway for 4 or 5 hours and your slowly turning up the stereo, it starts to get distorted and it just doesnt reproduce the highs or lows the way a nice aftermarket system does.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Dedicated Diesel Perv

Start with replacing the stock speakers with some good, efficient aftermarket ones (your choice). If you are going to install them yourself, you may want to consider some Dynamat or other noise absorbing material for the doors since you are in there as well (that will make more of a difference than you may think). If after that the system isn't quite up to par (as it wouldn't be for me), a sub will go a long way towards improving the overall sound as well. You will be able to tune out the bass frequencies that the door speakers are trying to reproduce allowing them to play louder and cleaner. A lot of people would be satisfied with their stereo with quality speaker replacements and a hidden sub (like mine above) even with the stock head unit. BONUS: the stock head unit and a stealthy sub doesn't clue in the would be stereo theives either.

2018 Ford F250HD 6.7L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode