Stereo Recommendations Needed - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigdraft, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 705 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
The Big Meanie

Stereo Recommendations Needed

Ok boys and girls....I GOTTA get rid of the factory stereo in the Dodge......I wanna go with a in-dash cd player and new speakers.

Dont really need anything real fancy....no Ipod hookups, satellite radio, no fancy crap....just a decent in-dash unit.

Whats a good, fairly decent priced unit....and speakers?

Kenwood?
Sony?
Pioneer?
Duel?

HELP!!!!!!!!!

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Resident GINGER

Garage
Send a message via MSN to CFRO
what is the style of the factory player? Is it a big one, or is it the size of a normal replacement one? What I have in my 94 is a Pioneer from Walmart ($100), Pioneer 6.5's in the front and 6x8's in the rear. I like the setup, it was cheap and it gets the job done. The only thing is the rears shake a lot, but everything else on the truck does so it doesn't really matter.

08 Ranger Grabber Orange. XLT 4x4 5 Speed Manual Super cab. Sirius. Silvana 9007 and 9415's. Amsoil 0w30 (Mileage Maximizer). Dee Zee Powder Coated Tool Box (PEELING). Dual 3' Fire Sticks. Cobra 75 X.
94 F-350 CC LB 5 -Speed. 4.10's. MBRP. Single Mass. 265/75's on 16x8's. Uniden CB. 3' Firestick.

Single club # 61
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 02:03 PM

ALPINE is not user friendly by any means, i just recently purchased a indash GPS from PIONEER. i had it about 4 days and could work any function it has (9 different things) without any problem. i highly recommend PIONEER!

2001 F-250 4x4 Lariat 4-door.. 4" exhaust turbo "straight" back to a 5" tip , Airaid stage 1 intake, Superchip 1805 flashpaq, "Built" Tranny, 8" skyjacker, 38x15.50x20 Toyo Open Country M/T, 20x10 KMC XD diesels chrome, Autometer Ultralite II gauges, AIH delete plug,Billet Big Mouth Pioneer AVIC-D3 headunit, kicker rear and polk front door speakers, JL Audio 300/4 amp, 2 JL Audio 12" w1

JUST CAUSE ITS SMOKIN, DON'T MEAN ITS BROKEN
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Pioneer is good stuff usually.

I'm an Infinity speakers fan and usually find my stereo equipment at Crutchfield. Their tech support is top notch.

Now, that being said, start with a local shop and see how their prices compare and what they will do for you on install.

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd